Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What will happen next year is what my non functioning crystal ball wants to know.

Same as always.....

It will go up, or maybe down, or sideways. Just like always....

coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
We going to bust DJIA - 20K, pretty soon. Maybe before the New Year comes, just maybe.

IMO, the market is hyped up with nothing solid to really back it up. Setting up for a nice bubble burst at some point.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
We going to bust DJIA - 20K, pretty soon. Maybe before the New Year comes, just maybe.

IMO, the market is hyped up with nothing solid to really back it up. Setting up for a nice bubble burst at some point.

Yeah, but in the mean time enjoy your booming 401K, IRA and brokerage account balances...

I have been hearing that same thing for the last 10,000 points the DJIA gained over the past 5 years...

Who's to say? Last week I was down %3. Took a big hit over Wed.-Fri. . Good news is, I was prepared. I've been buying since Mon. Nothing new, just adding to existing stocks. I bumped up everything that had a div. in December. By the 31th. I will have a big div. payout. After that, I'll start selling my winners. It has been a great year.
thumbsup2.gif

coffee2.gif

I have been hearing that same thing for the last 10,000 points the DJIA gained over the past 5 years...

It's cyclic. No one knows when it will come down. It might not be a bubble, though. I don't know what the growth curve has been, but perhaps it'll just stay high, and fluctuate around its new level.

But I do think we'll have something before long. Simply based upon the fact that, after a few good years, a correction comes along. Zero accuracy in prediction there. No plans in my investing, though.

Some have hated this bull market for the last 7 years. Ironically, their bearishness adds health to it. Euphoria is the real thing to fear.

Yeah, I remember back in 1996 people were saying the market was too high. Kept going higher for another 4 years then crash, but even after it crashed, it didn't drop back down to 1996 levels.

There has been very nice percentage gains nearing 100% on the marginal base metals producers since the Trump victory unfortunately small trading positions. I will likely sell that sector niche a day before the Fed meeting.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I sold my Index Fund today. It's not confirmed yet but I think this rally is about over.

Stupid me for selling before I got the sell signal.

Next president is pro business and less regulations. Maybe thats why the market is popping as he talks about his plans.

Also his cabinet picks are pro business and for tax cuts, etc...

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Why constantly buy and sell in a raging bull market?

I value your opinion Drew.....It's hardly been a Raging Bull Market though..... from 2015-2016 the markets have been trading sideways. And yes...it probably doesn't make much sense to trade unless your tax exempt. I trade with my IRA and 401k.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's no big risk to call DOW 20,000 when it's 19,500.

He is not just calling it "now". Dr. Siegel called it, and stuck by it, earlier this year when the DJIA was falling and at 15,XXX.

Back then he was a "fool" and a "moron", etc. according to many of the commentors, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back