Lets talk online music. What's your favorite??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I finally got internet installed out to my house. I have been checking out alot of online music.

I have a newer Denon receiver and it is internet music capable.

I listen to alot of Pandora, Slacker, and I Heartradio

But my new favorite is a station called Miled music. I think its out of Mexico or some other Latin American country.

The thing is it broadcasts at 256k which I think is pretty good for internet. Also NO commercials. I mainly listen to the classic rock channel, but the wife likes the Elvis channel. Again no commercials and great sound quality.

Anyone else listen to this channel?? If not what do you like?? The 256k really makes a difference on sound quality.

Youtube is free. Yes you get commercials, but you can pick ANYTHING and if it exists, you get it.
Also I am a Pandora One subscriber.

Originally Posted By: daddi
But my new favorite is a station called Miled music.

Just curious, but how do you access it on your receiver?

I know you can just listen directly from their home page through a web browser, but I was wondering if there are some other methods/apps to access it... I would need direct stream links in order to send it to my Squeezebox.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
But my new favorite is a station called Miled music.

Just curious, but how do you access it on your receiver?

I know you can just listen directly from their home page through a web browser, but I was wondering if there are some other methods/apps to access it... I would need direct stream links in order to send it to my Squeezebox.

Basically there is a button on the remote labeled "Internet radio". Just like a button for AM FM or cable box.

A onscreen menu pops up on my TV. It list's literally thousands of internet stations from all over the world.

You can also find it by googling "Miled music". And it can be played on your computer as well. Lot's of stations. The smooth jazz station is also very good.

I quit pandora when they discontinued the yearly discounted fee and made you pay monthly.

Mostly I listen to YouTube. Have ad block plus and rarely hear commercials.

BTW, spelling police, "alot" is not a word. It's "a lot".

Carry on.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

I Care About This Alot
ALOT2.png

Originally Posted By: Leo99

Is there a specific post where you noticed this? Otherwise the comment seems a bit out of the blue.

I use amazon, Spotify, and pandora via a chrome cast and also a amazon dot.

The amazon dot brought new life($40) to a early 1980's nakamchi amp I have coupled to Advent speakers. I even control power, music and volume via voice command.

Sorry to offend anyone with my sloppy/fast typing. Thanks for the reality check!!

No one offended. Just me being pedantic.

My daughter loves Spotify.

Me, I've been on a Morgan James crush on YouTube for the past 3 months.

Only problem with using free YouTube is you get the video to go with it. For those on a data cap, that adds up in a hurry. But if you have YouTube Red, you may still get a subscription to Play Music included.

I've been listening to Amazon Music with my Prime membership.

youtube for the most part. The rest of the time I listen to music I own, ripped to a thumbdrive or iDevice. Not a fan of monthly pay services; had XM but eventually found that their stations played the same list of songs as the radio stations did--and I don't have a dataplan for my phone, so... youtube works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back