Say goodbye to CAFE & 0W20...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"By appointing Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency, Donald Trump has made it clear that he intends to wage war on clean air and clean water," Benjamin Schreiber, climate and energy program director for Friends of the Earth, said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Trump has also put our climate in peril and shown he is out of step with the American people," Schreiber added.

The Natural Resources Defense Council was equally negative in its appraisal of Pruitt's proposed appointment.

"The mission of the EPA and its administrator requires an absolute commitment to safeguard public health and protect our air, land, water and planet," its president Rhea Suh said in a statement.

"That's the litmus test," Suh added. "By naming Pruitt, President-elect Trump has flunked. The American people did not vote to return to the country to the dirty old days or to turn a blind eye on dangerous climate change."

By contrast, the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Association welcomed Trump's intention to nominate Pruitt.

"As Oklahoma's Attorney General, Scott Pruitt has proven that he is a legal expert, which is exactly what our nation needs at the helm of the Environmental Protection Agency," the Association said in a statement.

"We are excited about having an Oklahoman in a prominent role of a Trump administration, and we welcome a more measured regulatory approach at the EPA that will give a voice to all," it went on to add.

Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, was also positive. In a Tweet, Abbott commented that Pruitt was "an excellent choice" and stated that he would "bring needed change."

Once the CAFE cuffs are off these auto mfg's the first thing they'll do is dump the thin oil specs.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
The commitment should come from the people not top to bottom. Don't buy big Turbo Diesel or V8 gas 4x4 SUVs is a good start.
Or, if you have one, drive it when you need to haul something, not as a DD (which is what I do, the diesel pickups average 2K/year at most.

A bunch of bunk.......
I will continue to live my life as I have done the prior 8 years.
And I hope that doesn't happen..........

The commitment should come from the people not top to bottom. Don't buy big Turbo Diesel or V8 gas 4x4 SUVs is a good start.

And why not?

You buy what you like.

I'll buy what I like.

Unless your commitment is to telling other people how to live...is that the commitment you're talking about?

Originally Posted By: Astro14

And why not?

You buy what you like.

I'll buy what I like.

Unless your commitment is to telling other people how to live...is that the commitment you're talking about?

That's "I do what I like" phylosophy that made CAFE standards a reality. No, comitment is a personal thing, you do or you don't, but the more people has it, the better to all. JMO.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
"By appointing Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency, Donald Trump has made it clear that he intends to wage war on clean air and clean water," Benjamin Schreiber, climate and energy program director for Friends of the Earth, said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Trump has also put our climate in peril and shown he is out of step with the American people," Schreiber added.

The Natural Resources Defense Council was equally negative in its appraisal of Pruitt's proposed appointment.

"The mission of the EPA and its administrator requires an absolute commitment to safeguard public health and protect our air, land, water and planet," its president Rhea Suh said in a statement.

"That's the litmus test," Suh added. "By naming Pruitt, President-elect Trump has flunked. The American people did not vote to return to the country to the dirty old days or to turn a blind eye on dangerous climate change."

By contrast, the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Association welcomed Trump's intention to nominate Pruitt.

"As Oklahoma's Attorney General, Scott Pruitt has proven that he is a legal expert, which is exactly what our nation needs at the helm of the Environmental Protection Agency," the Association said in a statement.

"We are excited about having an Oklahoman in a prominent role of a Trump administration, and we welcome a more measured regulatory approach at the EPA that will give a voice to all," it went on to add.

Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, was also positive. In a Tweet, Abbott commented that Pruitt was "an excellent choice" and stated that he would "bring needed change."

I didn't realize "Friends of the Earth" was part of the new cabinet. How about we actually see what the proposed policy is before we pre-determine CFE and 0 weight are dead.

Once the CAFE cuffs are off these auto mfg's the first thing they'll do is dump the thin oil specs.

Why so?

As I understand it, the alleged downsides of skinny low-oil lubricant are:-

(a) Lower engine protection = slightly greater wear LONG TERM
(b) Higher VM content = possibly greater chance of stuck rings LONG TERM

Neither of these are much of a problem to auto mfg's, since they have negligable marketing impact compared to a slight but immediate improvement in mpg

On most league tables I've seen, the American people are number one or two for putting our climate in peril, so I'd say Trump knows his voters and Schreiber is full of s**t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back