Fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this fuel filter for Brian123. I forgot what vehicle it was off of but believe it's the factory fuel filter. Sorry I mangled the media trying to remove from the shell but this is a solid filter

Enjoy photos and any questions ask Brian123

2n7kshz.jpg

5zfmrs.jpg

8zeovt.jpg

smeo09.jpg

20lbbk.jpg

I've never seen a fuel filter with more than a few specks of dirt in it. And I've cut a number apart after high milage. I've had a few cars rust to death up around 200K miles and never changed their fuel filters and never had any type of fuel problems in any of them. I'm becoming reluctant to change fuel filters.

Originally Posted By: NibbanaBanana
I've never seen a fuel filter with more than a few specks of dirt in it. And I've cut a number apart after high milage. I've had a few cars rust to death up around 200K miles and never changed their fuel filters and never had any type of fuel problems in any of them. I'm becoming reluctant to change fuel filters.

I wish I could find stations with that high quality of fuel in my area. I've changed tons of nasty fuel filters over the years several even to the point of causing driveability issues. Makes me wonder about the newer systems that only have the sock on the pickup. Rarely see any issues but that stuff has to go somewhere.

Car 51, that filter had plenty of miles left in it. I put a new fuel filter on my first BMW when I base lined the car. I changed the filter when it had been 100k miles. I replace air and gas filters when I get a new to me car. I remember blowing the gas out of a filter. It was black. The one I cut open was a little gray. Small filters for carbed cars required more frequent changes. I din't join Bitog to obsess about automotive maintenance. I joined to gain the knowledge to free myself of worry about stuff that in the big picture matters little. The tanks in MA are very carefully regulated. with regard to groundwater. As a result the fuel quality is way better than it was when I was a kid. Back in the day, gas tanks had a water trap right at the drain plug.

A/O 4/16/2017 the pictures were no longer hosted by Tinypic.

It's funny about fuel filters though. Sometimes ills are cured by changing them. Sometimes they seem "near new" at 100K.

I replace 'em no later than 75K.

The way the pendulum swings between "conversational" and "court room precise" English on this board is frequently entertaining.

I honestly thought we were all on the same page regarding bits of information and insights.

"Who cares?", you asked. We all do, I answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back