Royal Purple HPS oil better then Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used RP HPS 5-30 w/RP filter for 7385 the olm interval in my silverado. Even with the dark color (purple new) the oil look darn good and clean. I know uoa speaks Ive never done so The motor purred at idle and ran smooth. I like it more then the last castor 0-30 which was good. What does everyone think about RP HPS I never hear about it. Keep it coming!

Originally Posted By: NITRONICK101
I used RP HPS 5-30 w/RP filter for 7385 the olm interval in my silverado. Even with the dark color (purple new) the oil look darn good and clean. I know uoa speaks Ive never done so The motor purred at idle and ran smooth. I like it more then the last castor 0-30 which was good. What does everyone think about RP HPS I never hear about it. Keep it coming!

You're new here? You sound familiar, maybe not.

It's certainly more purple coming out of the bottle than Amsoil.

Amsoil has a better CCS, higher flashpoint, and better TBN....but it's not purple.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Amsoil has a better CCS, higher flashpoint, and better TBN....but it's not purple.

laugh.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I wouldn't say that RP HPS is better than AMSoil, but it's good oil. It depends on which AMSoil you were going to compare it against. The HPS has RP's unique Synerlec additive, which is for wear protection. The AMSoil I would compare it against is Z-Rod, which is their high ZDDP oil recommended for classic muscle cars. I would much prefer Z-Rod to RP HPS.

I'm running RP 5w30, API-SL, with synerlec in a 97 Toyota 4runner SR5, and I really like how smooth it runs.....especially in the winter. One of the few 100% synthetic oils that you can get.....over the counter.

Define what you mean by better? I am not impressed by either on enough to pay the mark up over other oils. I am not knocking either oil.

How much did money did Mr. K receive to promote Castrol oil? Lets turn the oil discussion over to 540 Rat.
grin.gif
M1 is the official oil of NASCAR it has to be the best.

That purple dye is some good stuff.

Both oils are probably better than needed for the average guy using them. The purple stuff always has had mystical properties difficult to verify/duplicate. Amsoil has their wacky promoters as well.

Nuttin' new here....

Originally Posted By: jarad248
Castrol edge. fastest production car in the world uses it for alot of reasons. Koenigsegg look it up at youtube.
cool.gif

They aren't using off the shelf EDGE in the Koenigsegg. They are using the new 10W-60 supercar formula, which we don't have here in the states (maybe at a Koenigsegg dealership). Having said that, I use EDGE 0W-40 in my 4.8 X5. It is fantastic oil, but it is not racing oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back