Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must...fight...urge...to...buy....
laugh.gif

That's over $6.00 per quart.So that's $30 for 5 qts.I'll stick with Wal Mart and regular Platinum..

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
FYI, PUP is available on amazon (Prime) for 37.94 for a 6-quart case. Seems like a good price. If you "subscribe-and-save", it brings it down to 32.

I decided to see if my Tacoma is any quieter this winter than with Mobil 1. It is pretty clackety.

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-55004086...a+platinum+5w30

Don't forget that you can get a 2$ per quart rebate from Pennzoil. Bring it down to 20 $ for 6 quarts.

LOL I already have too much stashed oil I bought on sale.... last year and the year before...

Last edited:
This isn't a deal. It's legalized extortion!

Now here's a deal.

1) Pennzoil Platinum was at $22.47 on November 25th 2016

2) Go back in time using Doc Brown & a Delorean to November 16th 2016 and use the Ibotta $5 rebate so that you can stack it with the $2 per quart rebate at Pennzoil.

3) Ignore betting on stocks and other unique information that can make you a buck. Instead, spend an hour at Walmart waiting in line at customer service so that you can save that extra $1.87 on the rollback price that was advertised online.

Your net cost? $7.47 for five quarts. Sure I blew my chance to make a seven-figure killing. But boy did I come out ahead with my oil change.

NOTE: All of this really did happen... in a motor oil-ish kinda way.

Originally Posted By: macarose
This isn't a deal. It's legalized extortion!

Now here's a deal.

1) Pennzoil Platinum was at $22.47 on November 25th 2016...

Walmart PP was on roll back at $19.97 jug during the Thanksgiving holiday period (ie mentioned on here in threads on Nov 24th). With rebate that was $9.97/jug. With or without Ibotta that's a good deal, especially in light of missing AutoZone clearances so far this December. So that was probably the equivalent of the $2.00/qt AutoZone sale for Nov/Dec 2016.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Every time I buy a fluid off Amazon I get it half empty, leaking in the box from a rough ride to my house.
frown.gif

I got three 5 quart jugs yesterday from WMT. They fell out of the box as the guy took them off the truck. It looked like FedEx played football with the box. No leaks but there's a couple of kinks in two bottles that look like they could leak. That was my first bad experience with WMT. The packing job sucked.

For under $20 a jug I couldn't pass on it.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
...I decided to see if my Tacoma is any quieter this winter than with Mobil 1. It is pretty clackety.

I had a lot of valvetrain noise on a KIA 2.4L GDI, especially on cold starts. The noise was significantly reduced with PUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back