Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

xbl7kj.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick R
on the way to NYC last weekend

HvJ3jZj.jpg

What happened to all the miles you used to drive? Only 17,000 this last year.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Nick R
on the way to NYC last weekend

HvJ3jZj.jpg

What happened to all the miles you used to drive? Only 17,000 this last year.

It helps that I'm not commuting 70 miles a day anymore (either ~7 or ~20) and I'm not making numerous trips to North Carolina or New York (from Ohio) anymore.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Another 25k and you will have gotten your money's worth

... not quite sure I follow you..

That said, I plan on keeping the car for MUCH longer than another 25k. More like another 252,800 miles.. give or take a few hundred.

SirTanon, I just consider anyone who gets a quarter million (or a car that makes it to 250,000) out of a passenger to have gotten their money's worth.

Sure it is nice to get 300+ from a car you like. This is great, it is like you earned it. Kind of like an antique tag. In my state, once you get one registration is free I am pretty sure.

So I mean it as a good thing that you got your money's worth. Now, you are done paying for her and she can pay you back.

It probably pains the UAW people to see cars they spent so much time, money, and Earth metals on to end up junked out at a hundred thousand. But I bet they are pleased to see cars make it to a quarter million plus!

Ah, I get where you're coming from, and I suppose that's true overall. Any car that has reached 250,000 has fulfilled its value in many ways.

In the case of my 2010 Fusion... I paid $6000 for her a few years back, put $1600 down, and had the loan paid off less than 6 months later, so I definitely feel that I've gotten my money's worth, especially considering the ~32,000 miles I put on her every year.

.. and I expect to go way past 300,000 miles. The magic number I'm aiming for is 477,800. After that, it's all gravy
grin.gif

Back