First auto accident this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're ok.

I had a couple close calls this morning. Some people are insistent on not saying in lane around corners. Others cross solid lines so as to pass on the right. Not much you can do.

Glad you are okay. When I had to work with two parties involved in an accident, I was always floored by how the party at fault showed no remorse whatsoever. Like the other person who was driving by the rules was in their way and causing them an inconvenience. I will always remember this one lady who hit a pedestrian in a cross walk. She claimed the pedestrian "should've just walked faster". The pedestrian was in the hospital for weeks.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, I coulda threw his Samsung phone as he was on it like a dog with fleas. No big deal if mines unfixable as I have the 97' Saturn and 2000 Jimmy

Probably posting about it on Facebook.

"Stupid cops cited me for low tire tread after my truck was damaged! Its a free country I should be able to drive whatever I want!"

Got a 16' Malibu LT. it's ok and comfy. Estimator comes tomorrow so far so good
smile.gif

Thank you everyone here for the well wishes
smile.gif

I already deleted pics as they weren't good quality as I thought they could have been. Maybe tomorrow after work ill swing by the shop and take pics
smile.gif

Glad you're alright and hope it all works out for you. Years ago a fellow blew a stop sign and passed right in front of me (from left to right), causing me to lock up my brakes, skid and smash into his right side, just beyond the passenger door of his 2-door Chevy Blazer. It destroyed the front end of the 2001 Nissan Sentra I had at the time. He admitted fault and the police report reflected this and ticketed him. Even with all that, his insurance would not cover the full amount it took to repair my car. They claimed that I should have been able to see him and stop in time because of where on his vehicle I struck him. They covered 60% and I had to run the rest through my insurance. A process called subrogation. Just a heads-up to be prepared.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
Glad you're alright and hope it all works out for you. Years ago a fellow blew a stop sign and passed right in front of me (from left to right), causing me to lock up my brakes, skid and smash into his right side, just beyond the passenger door of his 2-door Chevy Blazer. It destroyed the front end of the 2001 Nissan Sentra I had at the time. He admitted fault and the police report reflected this and ticketed him. Even with all that, his insurance would not cover the full amount it took to repair my car. They claimed that I should have been able to see him and stop in time because of where on his vehicle I struck him. They covered 60% and I had to run the rest through my insurance. A process called subrogation. Just a heads-up to be prepared.

Yep, not uncommon. Something very similar happened to me and at fault driver's insurance offered to pay 70%, which I didn't accept. My car was totalled and was racking up storage fees, which added to the amount of the claim. I didn't have collision on my car as it was old and not worth very much. This really bugged me based on principle. Once I started gathering photographs of the accident scene and taking some measurements of distances and provided names of witnesses who said there was no way I could have avoided this, they relented. I'm sure if I had collision, my company would have just gone along with it and hiked my rates. It took weeks to settle and was a lot of hassle, but I felt good about it in the end.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: JTK

Yep, not uncommon. Something very similar happened to me and at fault driver's insurance offered to pay 70%, which I didn't accept. My car was totalled and was racking up storage fees, which added to the amount of the claim. I didn't have collision on my car as it was old and not worth very much. This really bugged me based on principle. Once I started gathering photographs of the accident scene and taking some measurements of distances and provided names of witnesses who said there was no way I could have avoided this, they relented. I'm sure if I had collision, my company would have just gone along with it and hiked my rates. It took weeks to settle and was a lot of hassle, but I felt good about it in the end.

I have a court date in march for an accident last march. Good for you. People have to stand up against these sleezebag insurance companies. Its getting to the point where insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on.

****UPDATE**** car is getting fixed starting tomorrow afternoon and guys working Saturday also to help. Good body shop and guy knows my father. Said to me "we will fix it right!"

Got check from my insurance for total estimate. Time for a genny cream ale now as back from body shop already. Thank you BITOG for the well wishes and thoughts and help.
08.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Glad you are okay. When I had to work with two parties involved in an accident, I was always floored by how the party at fault showed no remorse whatsoever. Like the other person who was driving by the rules was in their way and causing them an inconvenience. I will always remember this one lady who hit a pedestrian in a cross walk. She claimed the pedestrian "should've just walked faster". The pedestrian was in the hospital for weeks.

Insurance companies and lawyers will tell the at-fault party to never admit fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back