Ford Focus Cam pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced the VC gasket this morning. I checked the valve clearance and all was within factory spec. Oil was M1 0-20 AFE at 10K OCIs.

Last edited:
How long into the OCI is this? That oil puddling up there looks great if it is a higher mileage.

What was the reason for changing of the VC gasket? Did you by chance check your compression? I just replaced a 2.0 in the Transit as engine had a weak hole at 180k. Donor engine came from a low mile Focus with 7k miles. The Duluth hills pile up the cars pretty good. Should be a new supply after this week.

I think these posts will be ignored by the Ford bashers and the 0w20 haters...........

Nice!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: bioburner
What was the reason for changing of the VC gasket? Did you by chance check your compression? I just replaced a 2.0 in the Transit as engine had a weak hole at 180k. Donor engine came from a low mile Focus with 7k miles. The Duluth hills pile up the cars pretty good. Should be a new supply after this week.

The gasket was beginning to weep oil. No compression check as the engine still runs fine.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Wow, that's a lot of miles you have on that Fusion too. Considering trading it in for something else before long?

No, the car still performs very well.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
How long into the OCI is this? That oil puddling up there looks great if it is a higher mileage.

About 3500 miles.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Wow, that's a lot of miles you have on that Fusion too. Considering trading it in for something else before long?

Good to hear! I think I'm going to run mine until done as its not worth much anymore. Do you still have the original air filter setup? And the swirl plates in the intake?

Does yours have the Aisin automatic, or the 6F35?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Good to hear! I think I'm going to run mine until done as its not worth much anymore. Do you still have the original air filter setup? And the swirl plates in the intake?
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

I scraped out the life time air filter 2 1/2 years ago, and replaced it with the Doorman after market filter housing. I have no idea what the swirl plates are.

Does yours have the Aisin automatic, or the 6F35?

Not sure, but I doubt if it's the Aisin.

I'm honestly surprised it's not cleaner under there with M1.
My Focus looks identical (no sludge etc) running Motomaster Supreme conventional oil for 5k miles OCI;s.

I don't know how it could get any cleaner?

I have a 2006 with 160,000 and I run the same oil and 10-12k oil change intervals. I should have no problem making 200k.

Quote:
The gasket was beginning to weep oil. No compression check as the engine still runs fine.

Understood. Oil gets into plug wells and screws them and or the coils or just starts to stink up things getting on to the exhaust etc

Last edited by a moderator:
The BMW in my sig was run on M1 it's whole life by OP
When you opened it up, it looked as clean as the spark plug area in the OP;s pics.

Like I said, I'm surprised it's not cleaner.
I'm sure others on here with M1 experience will agree.

Originally Posted By: Dorian

About 3500 miles.

Mine Gott, any oil, even a basic dinosaur one will keep a block clean with such a short OCI. M1 is a real good cleaner, so it might have cleaned out the varnish or sludge from the bad gasket causing the weep.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I'm honestly surprised it's not cleaner under there with M1.
My Focus looks identical (no sludge etc) running Motomaster Supreme conventional oil for 5k miles OCI;s.

How many miles on your Focus? This has 314,000Km on it when you convert it and run on 16,000Km OCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back