Winter Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for something fashionable to wear to evening functions: high school basketball games, church, xmas events, town hall meetings etc, etc.....

on edit: and yes, i have all kinds of work hats, and super warm out door hats. this will be a fashionable hat to wear from car to building to keep the thinning head warm for a few short minutes while making the quick trip in doors.

Last edited:
Your not from around MN are you? :)That would be ten miles down the prairie in ten minutes. Warmth overrides style in winter here. Full face mask today. Going to blow some snow

very close to you and i have been to Minnesota!, LOL, i have plenty of those...see my edit above.

come on there has to be some older gentlemen here wearing fashionable hats!
smile.gif

LOL

Last edited:
May i recommend a local hats store? (yes they still exists)

they could match you with what you need (size, color, comfort, tips&tricks) for not much then the hassle of using online, see it doe snot match/fit, ship back, try another....
if they have some years around, can give a lot of tips....
maybe they have some clearance also....

Here you go:

fc8bd7f4c6f4e41db1e69630fb35373f.jpg

However if you're not in a northern tier state this could be frowned upon as unfashionable....but they do come in a variety of colors (including plaid!) to suit every occasion.

Last edited:
I wear my "Indiana Jones" hat I bought 25 years ago.
I still have my dad's bowler hat he bought in 1950. I'm waiting for it to come back in style.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Here you go:

fc8bd7f4c6f4e41db1e69630fb35373f.jpg

However if you're not in a northern tier state this could be frowned upon as unfashionable....but they do come in a variety of colors (including plaid!) to suit every occasion.

i have one of those, rabbit hair mine is. i use it for chopping and splitting wood, or when a snow blizzard hits.

the events i mention will occur in cold weather but not in blizzard conditions.
thanks

For a long time I just wore a baseball cap; in winter I'd pull a knitted hat over that to keep the ears warm. Did the job. Maybe not on the fashion front though.

I usually wear something like this although I'm finding it doesn't work in winter--need something on my ears. But pretty good at keeping the rain off my glasses.

I've thought about stepping up to a fedora but it looks too classy for me. I don't think I could pull it off. I'm barely above tee-shirt and jeans most of the time.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I wear my "Indiana Jones" hat I bought 25 years ago.
I still have my dad's bowler hat he bought in 1950. I'm waiting for it to come back in style.

"bowler hats", now that is interesting. i had not heard that one, thanks for the tip. i will research that as i bowled for a while...

mr supton:

it really doesn't take much to look well dressed in small towns.

i usually wear khaki colored 511 tactical pants with nice 50-70 dollar pair of cabela's leather shoes, and a nice shirt for most events except church or school/town meetings.

everything clean and in good repair.

thanks for your thoughts

Last edited:
How about this one? REI hat
I wear this during winter time here in Seattle. It keeps me pretty dry from rain but not sure if it's good enough for really cold weather.

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back