December 7th, 1941

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Take a few moments today to be thankful you live in the USA.....

Amen!

I become more disappointed each year that this seems to be a forgotten date. Google doesn't even post a doodle.

Probably one of the younger people in my circles that even know what today is and I'm 31.

34.gif

Originally Posted By: racer12306
I become more disappointed each year that this seems to be a forgotten date. Google doesn't even post a doodle.

Probably one of the younger people in my circles that even know what today is and I'm 31.

the history channel has had many good shows on the catastrophe. they started last weekend.

i agree, seems like our country is forgetting or moving on.

thanks to all who served and those who paid the ultimate price.

Never forgotten. I had the privilege to work on Ford Island from 1995 to 1998 while stationed at Hickam AFB. One of the most memorable experiences in my life.

I was thinking the same thing. They recognize the 186th birthday of someone most people never heard of but nothing for the 75th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. smh

Originally Posted By: 6starprez

I was thinking the same thing. They recognize the 186th birthday of someone most people never heard of but nothing for the 75th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. smh

According to my Facebook memories, I've been whining about this for a few years, so it's been a while since they put one up, if they ever did.

When I was a kid I distinctly remember people (adults) being quieter on December 7th as Christians might on Good Friday.

Today our nation of consumers has Honey Boo Boo and Kardashians on its collective mind.

George Washington (think Wintering at Valley Forge) would be proud. (That's sarcasm by the way)

My brother went off on a girl who said, "Pearl Harbor, that was WWII, right?". In her defense; she was truly dim.

Sadly, she was probably never taught about it. Our school system isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the TEACHERS don't know much about it.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
It was a historic, tragic and pivotal point in history, but as a nation, US should have never taken that bait.

Taken that bait?

An undeclared attack that killed thousands? That's what you call "bait"?

Should the Chinese have avoiding "taking that bait" after the Japanese occupation and subsequent deaths of over 20 million non-combatant civilians? Was that "bait", too?

Please, enlighten me, what should the US have done following that attack?

For that matter, why did Canada "take the bait" in Western Europe during that conflict? After all, it wasn't even on their soil...oh, and please explain why Canada "took the bait" and fought against Japan in the Pacific...when they were never attacked....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Take a few moments today to be thankful you live in the USA.....

I met a Pearl Harbor survivor in Denver Monday. He was on the train at DIA, on his way to Honolulu, flying first class, courtesy of United Airlines, who flew (gratis) all the Pearl Harbor survivors to the 75th memorial.

A battleship sailor, a gunnery chief.

I was honored to shake his hand.

It was a historic, tragic and pivotal point in history, but as a nation, US should have never taken that bait.

21.gif
33.gif

Unbelievable!!!
cry.gif

OMG! Must be a far right Jerry to think it would have been a good idea to just let the Japs off with a charge of disturbing the peace on a Sunday morning.

Oddly enough I go to a few meetings every year to listen to the born again far right in Germany and some of them have similar views, they also have some very good financial reports from various Swiss banks that show how certain religious groups and Mr Ford funded the born again German airforce, Navy and Army until Adolfs boys could rob the Jewish folks of their funds and after WW2 kicked off, steal the Gold reserves from other EU victims. Germany was bust in the 30's, but with the help of the US and Swiss bankers, relatively well financed in 1939. Only one third of the required funding was from German citizens.

I smell Troll, so I would recommend we not take your bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back