AC Delco still made by Hengst

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to my inquiry about cartridge filters:

Quote: Thank you for visiting the ACDelco website.

In regards to your PF457G filter inquiry, that part is still contracted by ACDelco with Hengst with no plans listed to make any changes.

If you have any other questions, please contact our experts at the ACDelco support center by dialing 1-800-ACDELCO (223-3526).
Unquote

Does it say "Made in Germany" on the can ??

They are a good German company, but most larger parts companies have a factory outside of the US or EU for making lower standard products for sale outside of Germany.

I just ordered the 458G (457G with a new cap). Got a Hengst filter and Hengst cap.

Says Made in Germany. I've heard the new stand alone filters may not be Hengst, and the photo on the Amazon site doesn't look like the printing on mine... Some of the user photos are a Hengst and some are not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Does it say "Made in Germany" on the can ??

They are a good German company, but most larger parts companies have a factory outside of the US or EU for making lower standard products for sale outside of Germany.

The ACD PF457/458G is a Hengst E630H. They are made in the US for the most part, and the US-made E630H is a high-quality filter.

Thanks for the info. Glad to know Pronto's are still made in Korea or China. I try to avoid German made products. They've done some terrible things in the past that I have yet to forgive them for.

The Hengst made ACDelco PF457G that has most often been posted here always had the Hengst name and made in the US clearly imprinted on one endcap (o-ring end). They also used what I'll refer to as non wrap endcaps, ie., don't fold around and cover the pleat end. The latest ACDelco PF457G I'm seeing sold on ebay and also Amazon, has wrap endcaps and nowhere 'at least in pictures' on Amazon and elsewhere do I see the name Hengst or coo. Amazon uses a pic from the new cartridge combined a pic the non o-ring endcap from the previous design.

Iirc one member said that the newer ACD PF457G said Hengst on it. But it would seem odd to have to inquire about it if it was indeed imprinted on the newer cartridge. The mentioned ACD PF458G, at least on Amazon appears to the same design as the older Hengst PF457G, and shows Hengst on it.

So, it 'seems imo' that there is a new ACD PF457G design being sold that may not say Hengst on it. My .02

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
The Hengst made ACDelco PF457G that has most often been posted here always had the Hengst name and made in the US clearly imprinted on one endcap (o-ring end). They also used what I'll refer to as non wrap endcaps, ie., don't fold around and cover the pleat end. The latest ACDelco PF457G I'm seeing sold on ebay and also Amazon, has wrap endcaps and nowhere 'at least in pictures' on Amazon and elsewhere do I see the name Hengst or coo. Amazon uses a pic from the new cartridge combined a pic the non o-ring endcap from the previous design.

Iirc one member said that the newer ACD PF457G said Hengst on it. But it would seem odd to have to inquire about it if it was indeed imprinted on the newer cartridge. The mentioned ACD PF458G, at least on Amazon appears to the same design as the older Hengst PF457G, and shows Hengst on it.

So, it 'seems imo' that there is a new ACD PF457G design being sold that may not say Hengst on it. My .02

I believe those without Hengst printed on them are made in Bulgaria. I found one vendor with those pics and it said made in Bulgaria.

If anyone needs a supply of Hengst made, here are 12: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272444128183?ul_noapp=true

I emailed this vendor and he replied that he opened one and it was made by Hengst. After checking my stash I found that I have 8 on hand so decided not to order these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back