What's up with all of the thread police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people complain about threads they aren't interested in, or those they feel are duplicate threads? Here's a novel idea, if the thread doesn't interest you, ignore it. Why do you feel the need to post a message voicing your displeasure with the thread? Nobody's forcing you to read, or participate in it...

Originally Posted By: grampi
if the thread doesn't interest you, ignore it.

I agree, but as someone pointed out..... you had three or four headlight posts you started. Why?

Originally Posted By: Warstud

I agree, but as someone pointed out..... you had three or four headlight posts you started. Why?

Since you asked I will answer...because I knew it would generate a lot of interest, which it did, and it's turned into a good discussion...now I will ask you...why do you care?

Uh, Why are you complaining about other people? Why not take you own advice and ignore them?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What happened to your thread about coworker and restroom ?

It was deleted by the mods because they felt the topic would quickly deteriorate into something bad, even though my original post was within the site guidelines...

Originally Posted By: PSS
Uh, Why are you complaining about other people? Why not take you own advice and ignore them?

Because they clutter up otherwise good threads with their unnecessary complaining...

Why do people complain about threads they aren't interested in, or those they feel are duplicate threads? Here's a novel idea, if the thread doesn't interest you, ignore it. Why do you feel the need to post a message voicing your displeasure with the thread? Nobody's forcing you to read, or participate in it...

+1
So they can get it shut down of course.

Got policed on your own anti thread police post
smile.gif

If you don't like my participation in any given thread-use the block feature. Nobody is forcing you to read my comments......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger

Got policed on your own anti thread police post
smile.gif

Hey, don't police the thread police!

your complaints are the answer to your own question.

The responses in this thread shows why there is so much strife in the world today. Everyone wants to argue about cow pies.

Well, you do have to read an original post to know if you're interested or to know if it's a dupe...and sometimes the title doesn't help much. You can't unread it and get your time back. So now you've invested time that you could have spent on something else of little value, why not invest twice as much time with a reply? At least try to make it snarky not just whiny.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Are we now policing the thread police police, or is it the thread police police police?

“Major Major had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back