Wind Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see these posted all over social media from France
I always see several uninformed people begging to get on the list
for these. Several people saying I'll take 2 or 3 please.

They mean well and they will be shipping to the USA next year but after customs and duty
they will be near $75,000.00 USD each.
The people have no clue.............. lol
I'm sure a few put down a $1000. to put one on hold thinking that was the price....... oh well
smile.gif

https://www.newwindstore.com/

You said it..........

Originally Posted By: andyd
I can buy a lot of regular electricty for 67.5 K $

A poor buy at $5000 each. But you know ... wind, Green, stupid, math, and so on.

First Clue:
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
You see these posted all over social media

Second Clue:
Ask someone who wants one: "What is the Carbon Footprint of manufacturing one of these units?"

A: Wha?????

Soooo . you really gave a lot of thought to this, then ...

In any case, we are reminded of the wise men who preceded us, one of whom opined:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

but but but, the evil HOAs will stop them on their tracks (ahem winding blades)

and where is the charge from the state/local utility?

What about eye sore pollution?

$75K buys me electricity for 89 years. There just might a better technology coming along in that time.

They don't seem all that logical so some will surely show up in Pelosi's district ...

4WD said:
They don't seem all that logical so some will surely show up in Pelosi's district ... [/quote ]Saving the Earf [Earf] is priceless.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
They don't seem all that logical so some will surely show up in Pelosi's district ...
Not where the old bat can see them, though. They'll go in the "little people's" back yards.

how much energy to build and deliver a 2500kg system (not including the base anchor) that provides about 3.5kw of power?

Originally Posted By: javacontour
how much energy to build and deliver a 2500kg system (not including the base anchor) that provides about 3.5kw of power?

The manufacturer claims that annual generation is 2,400KWh...at 3.5KW, and 8760 hours in a year, that means an annual capacity factor of 8%...while "proper" wind farms are 25-35%.

at $75k for 3.5KW, they are $21,000 per KW cost, versus $2,000 for a traditional wind (farm).

So costs 10 times as much and delivers 75% less electricity, making them 1/40 of the benefit/payback of a traditional wind installation.

Fact that they have backorders means that their target market doesn't know math.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
[
The manufacturer claims that annual generation is 2,400KWh...at 3.5KW, and 8760 hours in a year, that means an annual capacity factor of 8%...while "proper" wind farms are 25-35%.

at $75k for 3.5KW, they are $21,000 per KW cost, versus $2,000 for a traditional wind (farm).

So costs 10 times as much and delivers 75% less electricity, making them 1/40 of the benefit/payback of a traditional wind installation.

Fact that they have backorders means that their target market doesn't know math.

Here's proof of that. Port Angeles just spent $107,516 on a 3KW system that now appears will provide them with $1.50 worth of electricity a month. You have to laugh at the math errors on the payback and the Mayor's thoughts that maybe if they buy more they'll have something worth while.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/w...ricity-monthly/

Ed

Good point - thought she would just have two at the gate of the vineyards/homestead - they should be able to handle two LED security lights.
wink.gif
_________
wink.gif

Yeah another scam..............
Too bad I didn't think it up first..... lol

Originally Posted By: hansj3
I'll bet the elio lands first

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Yeah another scam..............
Too bad I didn't think it up first..... lol

No, don't feel bad...it was good that you posted, and the facts could be spread out for others who MIGHT have been bitten badly thinking that it was a good thing.

The manner in which it was presented in their website, the average punter would have thought that all of their home energy needs would be met, plus income from being a mini centralised generator.

Have had a hand in quite a few renewable projects over the last 15+ years, and it's not easy to get them to work (without handouts)...and the really small scale ones have to have a goldilocks like set of environmental conditions around them...just the right amount of wind/water, ALL of the time, and closeness to connections etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back