Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Sig. series 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30. What do u guys like? Have a 2013 Sierra with a 5.3 . Was going to use the OLM system for OCI. Thanks guys!

Everybody will tell you Mobil 1 most likely
I'd go with Amsoil only because I can get it easy and I really don't need a 12 pack ( Amazons easiest Schaffer deal)

If you're changing oil by the OLM, you'd be wasting about half the life that AMSoil SS gives you.
I say to stay with M1.

Which ever oil makes you feel you are doing the best for the engine. ,they are both excellent oils and oils are oils.

Both are great lubes(good choice)use the one you can get cheaper. See where the OLM takes you, but make sure you do a minimum of 10k OCI's.

I'd also say you're changing the Amsoil prematurely if you go by the OLM. It's great stuff, yes - probably the best - but I've not put it in my '13 Cruze because it gets short-tripped a lot and I'd rather change at 5K intervals with Valvoline Synpower than want to run Ams twice as long, getting more fuel dilution, etc. in the oil, just to get my money's worth. Schaeffer's is excellent stuff, though - I use the Supreme 7000 10w30 in my truck ('85 GMC) and I'm very pleased with its performance. It's the first oil I've used in it that I feel good about lengthening my OCI (from 3,500 to 5,000) and changing the filter halfway through. Running their full syn by the OLM, no conditions you can out your engine through should push the oil's capabilities.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
If you're changing oil by the OLM, you'd be wasting about half the life that AMSoil SS gives you.
I say to stay with M1.

The only real difference between the 2 is that the Amsoil has more detergents, BUT I sure would not use that as an excuse to think the Amsoil will last longer. If the block sufferes from a lot of blowby contamination of the oil, then it might well be true, but if the oil suffers from other forms of contamination like fuel , Silicon, wear metals or high temp shearing, there will be no difference.

I'm using Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 right now. I feel like it's a good oil. Just trying to get a good feel for what everyone thinks. I have always been pretty old school on not really doing long OCI intervals with any of my engines. Thanks for you input

time to stop talking Same "lame" spec ILSAC oil. You want "better" ?? you want Deutsche or France sourced Porsche A40 or Mb 229.5 spec. Pentosin, Fuchs, LiquiMoly, Motul,

Your call. I have used Schaeffer 90003D 5w30 for several years. First in a 2013 1500 5.3L and now in a 2015 2500 6.0L. Only reason I got the second pickup was because I could never grow fond of the first one. I found I was inventing new swear words about it. But the motor was fine. Both pickups got first oil change at around 2000 miles and used Schaeffer from the first change. I typically change oil at 5000 to 6000 miles.

Check the PQIA on Schaeffer 5w30....

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/schaeffersyn.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back