Hengst 079198405A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to see here as the filter was only installed for about 4 months and 2500 miles. The car is going up for a longer 5 month stint so I parked it with a fresh oil change.

Yip brand new
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
What car? Often times I recommend Hengst/Mann/Mahle to people and they moan about not being able to get them in NA.

It's for the 4.2 in my Phaeton.

I get all my filters and misc. maintenance items from AutohausAZ or the dealer.

I would run that filter 12-15,000 miles unless the engine had some kind of problem. Save your time and money, life is to short to waste on unnecessary car maintenance.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I would run that filter 12-15,000 miles unless the engine had some kind of problem. Save your time and money, life is to short to waste on unnecessary car maintenance.

Good for you! You're free to do what you like on your own car.

I, however, decided to do an oil change before 5 months of storage. When I change my oil, i change my filter.

A little over-maintenance with increased risk wearing out the engine early. Risk of chewing a bearing every dead-dry start.

VW "Rolls" - Very luxo car for bargain prices lightly used, though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for sharing your Hengst E355H
smile.gif

What oil do you use?

Castrol Edge 0W-40.

Yes you can have the important stuff (filter media) made out of chewed up trees with no big blowback but a thing glued to it cant be!
Lack of common sense.

The Hengst I have bonds to hard plastic ends - I still use a TG16 as a trans filter - the composition ends don't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back