First auto accident this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. First auto accident this evening. Kid in a 2004 F-150 quad cab truck decided to turn in front of/into my car. Stupid kid didn't realize he turned left from a "right turn only" street/alley. Glad I got police report and cop even reamed him a new one. Probably on his phone as he couldn't put it down while I was exchanging insurance info. I'll get rental tomorrow morning and best part is I am OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sir
smile.gif

What a bummer... glad you are safe.

I had an older guy in his later 50s run a stop sign in a parking lot and hit my rear quarter panel on the passenger side, scared the bejeezus out of me. Tried to blame it on my youth, then while exchanging insurance information he tried to hurry me up because his ice cream was melting.

Luckily the supermarket has a camera :], that guy was a real jerk.

Can't fix stupid

So what car was the victim? Have a good nights sleep and hope you have no further issues including fighting with insurance.

My insurance is handling the accident good thank you. Only car involved in accident I.e. "My car" was victim

Kids ugly truck; wheel scuffed and center cap and scuffed bald right rear tire. Cops cited him for less than 2/32 tread too
smile.gif

Stupid moves in slow speed traffic are especially annoying if you own an older car that is well maintained, something you plan on driving for a long time. The kid that turned in front of you probably had nothing to lose and this puts you through all the trouble of insurance, repairs and maybe losing that older car with not much to show toward replacing your nice daily driver.

Holy cow man... I'm glad you are all right. Idiots abound out there Captain. I about got hit by a lady while driving my rental car.

Yeah, I coulda threw his Samsung phone as he was on it like a dog with fleas. No big deal if mines unfixable as I have the 97' Saturn and 2000 Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you're alright.

Sometimes people are idiots. My car is proof of that, the whole back end is smashed from someone rear ending me earlier this year.

Did you take pictures?

Originally Posted By: car51
Probably on his phone as he couldn't put it down while I was exchanging insurance info.

I'm sure the kid was a twit but he could have been letting his daycare know he'd be late to pick up his kids b/c of the accident or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back