Apparently Canadians can't even into first snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see hilarity, check out Vancouver during the first snow. Total chaos.

silly Frenchies!

That's why they deserve being separate from the rest of Canada!

33.gif

Aren't snow tires required there?

There's probably a link there between it being commercial vehicles and them skidding all over the place... they might not be required to have snow ready tires.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Apparently Canadians can't even into first snow.

Canadians can't even what?
Stuff like that happens every year at the first snow or two.

Originally Posted By: Run
If you want to see hilarity, check out Vancouver during the first snow. Total chaos.

Not even snow. Just a sprinkle and some rain. Took me 2 hours to get from Vancouver to Surrey. Usually it's a 30 minute drive.

Ice can make you a passenger no matter what you do.

Why don't they come up with some kind of studded tire that won't damage the road surface. I guess if there isn't one now it must be difficult or too expensive.

Do they not have municipal HD Snowplows/salt trucks? Sure I saw a pickup truck, after the fact, throwing a bit of something. Here in WI that street would have been sprayed once before precipitation then salted during.

Is this due to austerity measures in goverment spending or something?

Yeahh ma city!! Gotta love it...if vancouver or down south had this, itd be the same. People dont adjust driving conditions and also keep in mind that road is down from a steep hill..

Yes..i dont think those vehicles had snow tires...buses dont for sure..our law requires on cars have them by dec 15th...but let me put you down that hill even with snow tires on pure ice going 10 miles an hour..

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Do they not have municipal HD Snowplows/salt trucks? Sure I saw a pickup truck, after the fact, throwing a bit of something. Here in WI that street would have been sprayed once before precipitation then salted during.

They just take forever to get out to salt. We had snow this AM and plows came out tonight in the suburb i live..when I lived downtown its the same thing unless over like 6 inches.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

They just take forever to get out to salt. We had snow this AM and plows came out tonight in the suburb i live..when I lived downtown its the same thing unless over like 6 inches.

Wow. Unnacceptable delay.

However if it meant that I wouldnt be charged $24,000 for removal of six fatty lumps from my arms as here in US..... I would take those roads everyday all week.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Ice can make you a passenger no matter what you do.

Why don't they come up with some kind of studded tire that won't damage the road surface. I guess if there isn't one now it must be difficult or too expensive.

You can run studded tires in Quebec.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Wow. Unnacceptable delay.

However if it meant that I wouldnt be charged $24,000 for removal of six fatty lumps from my arms..... I take those roads everyday all week.

Until you compare your gross salary and net..calculate your current amount per hour by # of hours worked and take result and divide by 2 and you have your take home pay...and wait 6 months to wait for something as easy as catarac surgery..or wait 12-15 hrs in hospitals..truly..its a mixed bag..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back