Front brake hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
No experience with those ... but I just use the regular cheap ones, or whatever ones come pre-packaged with the pads. I always use a tad bit of anti-seize on the contact spots between the pads and hardware (and clean/redo before every winter) so fancy Teflon coatings doesn't matter to me.

Yes, I have actually used Carlson brake hardware in both the front & rear brakes as well as rear parking brake kit(springs & clips). I've had good luck with all that I have used. Also, I have purchased Carlson brake bleeder valves. Good stuff IMO!

I have..but found them to make brake pads near impossible to install as made fit too tight. Regular metal clips work well however..guessing the coating adds a bit to the thickness..

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I have..but found them to make brake pads near impossible to install as made fit too tight. Regular metal clips work well however..guessing the coating adds a bit to the thickness..

I was curious about this...will go with Raybestos hardware.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Originally Posted By: Rolla07

I was curious about this...will go with Raybestos hardware.

The caliper brackets need to be totally clean when using teflon coated hardware. Thoroughly remove the bracket of all rust and clean down to the bare metal. If you do this often overlooked step you will have properly fitting hardware and pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back