Nice Go Karts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3 kids in my house: 12, 11, and 10 years old. I'm thinking of buying a Go Kart (or something similar) as a present for all the kids to share as a Christmas gift.

The only things I see locally are junk/cheap pieces of [censored]. Can you recommend a brand?? Where do I even look??

Does anyone make a decent Go-Kart?

Last edited:
I have seen go carts sold at pep boys auto store if you have one. If this is for off road i would steer you toward a 2 wheeled vehicle. On a small dirt bike a kid learns good balance and physical skills and it is wayyy safer than 4 wheeler's that can flip or roll. Then if they get on a 4 wheeler later they will ride safer understanding the physics better.

I've seen Coleman brand go karts and minibikes sold at Walmart. Pretty sure they're Chinese import stuff though.

FWIW, back in ~2008 I mail-ordered a Chinese import kids ATV. 110cc. TaoTao was the brand. It was actually pretty decent once I went through it, blue loctited many of the nuts/bolts and secured the wiring better. My kids used it for 3yrs and I sold it for about half of what I paid for it originally. New cost was ~$650 shipped to my door.

I haven't seen a go kart in forever. When I was a kid,there were actually go cart shops. I remember these crazy high performance ones. They'd have either two Comet engines or two McCulloch engines and were about a centimeter off the ground.

Had a Manco cart 22 years ago. I had to have put thousands of miles and hundreds of gallons of gasoline through it on my grandparents farm and our farm. It was a 2 seater with a 5hp B&S. 22 years later the motor still runs great and repowered our roto-tiller.

Someone out there sure does
smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tWKNho0ijnk

Last edited:
I'm going to look at one of these tonight:

Honda TRX90X

I think I can get it for maybe $2850 OTD. Seems better than an off-road go-kart and wouldn't cost $10k like a side by side.....

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Had a Manco cart 22 years ago. I had to have put thousands of miles and hundreds of gallons of gasoline through it on my grandparents farm and our farm. It was a 2 seater with a 5hp B&S. 22 years later the motor still runs great and repowered our roto-tiller.

How funny! Me and my brothers had a mini-bike, after one long summer of riding, the motor cratered, so we pulled the motor from Dad's roto-tiller, it fit perfectly! Dad was NOT amused, but he let us keep it on the mini-bike until fall garden time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back