tire size conversion ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have an old hay wagon here at the farm that has some dry rotted 215/60R15 car tires on it...I want to get some agricultural implement tires for it...what size does this convert to or what sizes are approximate to them in "farm tire" ??

I wouldn't worry to much about diameter just that rim size is right. Take a trip to a local farm supply and see what they have and a matching set. Don't want the stack to tip. Or go on the cheap and see what the salvage yard or CL has. Just retired a hay wagon to hauling a propane tank this fall.

What's the advantage of agricultural tires?

If old car tires work, then maybe some cheap new car tires will work?

Unless you're repurposing the trailer

Ag tires often are higher load and sometimes better UV protection. But then if wanting higher load one can go with trailer tires.

Last edited:
Just an FYI:

Farm tires use an old sizing system where the aspect ratio is imbedded in the way the size is written. For example a 7.60-15SL is a 95 aspect ratio bias tire that is 7.6" wide on a 5 1/2" rim and 29.5" in diameter. (or at least that is what it is supposed to be!)

So the equivalent to a 215/60R15 is ..... well, there isn't one. All implement tires are really high aspect ratio: 90, 95, 88, etc.

My suggestion to the OP is to do a little research and find out what fits on the wheel you have - paying attention to clearance (especially diameter!) You will need to look at the wheel for its width. It is likely stamped on the back side and should look something like: 6JJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back