Does maker's oil prescription really maters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chrisri: What law is enforced? In Turkey doesn't exist the Rousseau's concept of separation between legislative, executive and judicial. Enforcing the law in Turkey means imprison journalists (even cartoonist!), judges, HHRR activists, mayors, college profesors... supressing political oposition, to sum up. Who is safe? Only those who agree or pay tribute to Erdogan.

A Kurd of Diyarbakir is safe? No, he is not. A gay activist is safe? Sure he is not. What any dictatorship do or did but enforcing the law?

Moreover, it's false that "strong law enforcement" is the key for low criminality rates. Empirical evidence show that unequal societies has more crimes than social developped ones. For exemple, homicide rate in USA is 3.9 (murders/100,000 inhabitants), the same as Iran or Burundi. Do you think law enforcement in USA is not strong enough? USA has the highest incerceration rate of the whole world (693/100,000 inh). In Iran, thefts can be sentenced to amputation.

Here in Spain, 0.6 murders/100.000 inh. In Germany, 0.9. In Japan, 0.3. Do you think that countries have a stronger law enforcement than USA, Iran or Burundi?

(Japan has 47 prisoners /100.000, Germany 78...)

Last edited:
I think you have misread my previous post, or I wasn't clear enough. I'm not saying things are good down there, I was just trying to point out that they never really were.

Anyway, enough politics. 40k OCI is on a high side, my practice was/is 20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back