mystery rattle in 2015 Rogue - solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
For three weeks I have received daily complaints from my wife about a terrible rattle from the top center dash on her Rogue. she has had a couple of friends and coworkers in the car who all agree its from the center top of the dash. I was a passenger this morning in it and noticed that the driver's sun visor was unclipped from its holder - I reached over and clipped it in place - noise gone.

no kidding. I was truly not looking forward to having the dealer tear apart the dash and hunt for the noise. once that's done you never get rid of noises!

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Chicks, man.

lol.gif

Good catch.

When I was growing up, a Neighbor came over and asked my Father if he would look at his car.
The neighbor said when he put the key in, it did not work.

My Father sat in the seat and slightly moved the steering wheel while turning the key.
Started right up.
Apparently the steering wheel LOCK was hung up.

The Neighbor was surprised my Father fixed it so fast.
Walking home, I said to my Father, "boy, did that make you look good".

The teenage neighbor kid was mowing his dad'd back acreage with his small "Home Depot John Deere" rider when he hit some soft dirt and got stuck. I watched him take a shovel and try to dig it out, get back on it to move forward a few inches, get back off and dig some more, get back on, etc., etc. I had a couple cups of coffee and looked out the window 30 minutes later and he was still at it, this time with his dad scratching his head too. I finally walked out and asked them if they minded if I gave them a hand. They chuckled and said "have at it" as they tried to pass me the shovel. I refused and went over and lifted the back end 90 degrees out of the ruts and backed it out of the mess. The "duh" looks were precious.

Originally Posted By: ejes
The teenage neighbor kid was mowing his dad'd back acreage with his small "Home Depot John Deere" rider when he hit some soft dirt and got stuck. I watched him take a shovel and try to dig it out, get back on it to move forward a few inches, get back off and dig some more, get back on, etc., etc. I had a couple cups of coffee and looked out the window 30 minutes later and he was still at it, this time with his dad scratching his head too. I finally walked out and asked them if they minded if I gave them a hand. They chuckled and said "have at it" as they tried to pass me the shovel. I refused and went over and lifted the back end 90 degrees out of the ruts and backed it out of the mess. The "duh" looks were precious.

Eeesh.

My wife has complained twice about rattles in the center dash area. One time it was a can of deice fluid rattling in the cup holder, the second time it was all the loose junk in the center console. Told her next time to clean out the entire car before getting me to chase here false rattle complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back