OnStar turning on and off by itself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Chevy Uplander, has OnStar headhunt on roof by map lights...since yesterday while driving it constantly turns on and off by itself. You can press the cancel button and it ends the call, but 5 seconds later it will call again but cancel before it ever even has a change to ring. Is there any way to disable the system? (without ripping head unit out of roof). I would be nice to have it fixed just in case we needed it in an emergency situation but don't want to go to dealer.

Unplug the connection at your OnStar switches. You have a bad/sticky button it sounds like.

Pull the fuse under the hood. The fuse block layout is marked in the top of the fuse box. If you have the owner's manual it is better explained in the fuse section.

Originally Posted By: 97K15004WD
Pull the fuse under the hood. The fuse block layout is marked in the top of the fuse box. If you have the owner's manual it is better explained in the fuse section.

Found out today that my Father did this, and no issues so far. Hope this fixes it.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Unplug the connection at your OnStar switches. You have a bad/sticky button it sounds like.

I thought sticky buttons also, but they all feel normal when pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back