Win7 No Longer Recognizes Nexus7

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH?

No problem with this in the past. Loaded pdfs, docs, pics, etc. onto N7. It showed up like a USB storage device I think.

Won't show up in "Devices & Printers"...until it does as "Not Recognized"??

Confuser > Manage > Dvc Mgr > USB Controllers > Unknown Device > "W7 has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43).

I uninstall > OK > attempt to reinstall > "Dvc drvr SW was not successfully installed." (Duh.....)

So what's going on here? I even dwnld'd an Android driver from Nexus' site, yet I can't get W7 to load it, recognize the folder, etc.

Please advise! TIA....

OK...figured it.....discovered I had to change USB connection options (?). Settings > Device > Storage > Menu > USB confuser conn......my, my that's buried.

Having done so it works again as "connected as a media device" and appears. What I don't understand is how this became disabled? It's rare I connect the N7 to W7 so I can't remember the last time I did this.

However I just picked up a Canon scanner and have been archiving paper into W7. Decided to keep a few things on the N7 as well.

Any other N7 users?

Did you get any software updates to the n7? my phone now defaults to "charge only" on usb.

I doubt the N7 is up to date as I have turned off as much as possible and keep it on "aircraft mode" when not in use. No doubt I could be doing more with it; just don't have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back