Pressure washing carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Woolite does a nice job for general carpet stains etc. It also leaves a light scent so you're car wont stink to high heaven
I used "All" powdered laundry soap. I was expecting it to smell for a while, but it actually doesn't!

I got new fitted floor mats for front, rear, and trunk so all you can smell is new rubber.

pressure washing isn't needed at all usually.

I washed my old floormats - the winter set - with hair shampoo in the bathtub. I didn't have a wet vacuum carpet cleaner back then - and I didn't care at all wether the winter mats would survive that treatment or not. But it did work surprisingly well.

I wouldn't recommend you to do this on your new car with nice carpets or any other valuable floormats. I would think about investing in an wet vacuum carpet cleaner machine that sprays solution and sucks it out of the carpet right away. And use a "detailer" carpet cleaner that has been formulated for car applications.

I also use power purple and laundry detergent, garden hose, and a stiff brush. Soak, scrub them rinse. Always comes out super clean. U did a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back