.40 S&W Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to start loading .40 S&W for target practice (I have not loaded for that cartridge in quite a while). I have these powders:

- Accurate Arms #5
- Accurate Arms #7
- Alliant Power Pistol
- Hodgdon CFE Pistol.

I will be using 165gr or 180gr FMJ bullets to be shot in a G23 and a G27 (but different loads for each one). I would like to have low muzzle flash--to the extent possible.

Which of these would you/have you used and why did you like it over another powder?

TIA!

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I am about to start loading .40 S&W for target practice (I have not loaded for that cartridge in quite a while). I have these powders:

- Accurate Arms #5
- Accurate Arms #7
- Alliant Power Pistol
- Hodgdon CFE Pistol.

I will be using 165gr or 180gr FMJ bullets to be shot in a G23 and a G27 (but different loads for each one). I would like to have low muzzle flash--to the extent possible.

Which of these would you/have you used and why did you like it over another powder?

TIA!

I have used #5 and #7. I would go with AA #5 for less flash (quicker burn) for .40SW

AA5 would be good for economical practice loads.

Skip the Power Pistol unless you like fireballs, it's well known for it. I have loaded lots of it just for practice. It's easy to clean up like Bullseye.

Originally Posted By: LotI
Skip the Power Pistol unless you like fireballs, it's well known for it. I have loaded lots of it just for practice. It's easy to clean up like Bullseye.
Oh wow, I picked up 8# of it really cheap. Is it the same for .45ACP?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: LotI
Oh wow, I picked up 8# of it really cheap. Is it the same for .45ACP?

It's known to regardless of application, load them and enjoy-no need to worry about fireballs really, not detrimental unless your night shooting and trying to maintain nite vision...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back