Things I learned from BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
So I don't drink a lot, when I do it is normally with friends. Since I have had a few tonight I will come here because truth be told...
we are friends just separated by the miles or is it internet?

When I see a "beater" now I think...That person might be someone who loves that stuff. They like to keeping stuff going. I respect that.

Everyone here is a car person...even if they don't do their own work they still want to understand it and make sure it is done right.

Toyota does make some pretty good stuff! (I still wouldn't buy one.
smile.gif
) Ford does too
wink.gif
Ha!

Oil....well...I am still not sure what to make of it...I put it in and have not had a failure to date...Usually Mobil1 sometimes Pennzoil Platinum. I think what I have actually learned is if you keep it topped off you will be fine.
smile.gif

I have driven a bunch of stuff everyone has recommend and a good percentage of them have been very capable, nice cars, but I will always bee a large displacement GM guy. Not sure where the Malibu comes in but it does good and the wife loves it...so maybe happy wife happy life?

In short I have been on a lot of different boards, but always come here because the banter and technical talk make me smile.

Plus if I have made you mad in the past don't take it to heart...that is the Submariner in me. We find a button and we push it. Sorry.

Easy on the liquor there buddy. We really just mostly fight about insignificant things that make 0 difference in the end.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: horse123
Easy on the liquor there buddy. We really just mostly fight about insignificant things that make 0 difference in the end.

True, but it passes the time.
Keeps you off the streets and out of the bars...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: horse123

thumbsup2.gif

What I've noticed are the waves of people that come and go. I was trying to find a few uoa's last night,so I was Googling "such and such oil bobistheoilguy" and I saw alot of member's names that I haven't seen in years. Alot of people I really liked. I hope they're all doing well and having an amazing life
smile.gif

Ls1Mike,

2 things puzzle me about you:
-the "crazy hair" when running
-your story when you and wife hosted the students under you at your place and tried deep fried turkey for the first time. just so we are crystal-clear, that was turkey's initiation to SUB right?

P.S. we are a crazy bunch, but with a lot of heart, passion and soul.
we'll be here for you Bud.

all the best

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Ls1Mike,

2 things puzzle me about you:
-the "crazy hair" when running
-your story when you and wife hosted the students under you at your place and tried deep fried turkey for the first time. just so we are crystal-clear, that was turkey's initiation to SUB right?

P.S. we are a crazy bunch, but with a lot of heart, passion and soul.
we'll be here for you Bud.

all the best

Ah yes the Mullet wig! My buddy that I was on Shore duty with said "No self respecting Camaro owner does not have a Mullet." He got me the Wig. Sometime I wear it for big runs when people wear customs! Plus seriously...What self respecting Camaro/Trans Am owner does not have a Mullet?

Hahahaha sort of. It was nice to give the guys a home away from home. I mean in the end they were going to end up doing the same job that I did. When I finally got back to a Sub, 4 of the guys I taught (out of the 8 Radiomen on a sub) were in my division.
It was good for them to see what the "Real Navy" is like because they got to me right out of Boot Camp.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Mike you have learned more than I have. Maybe we need to stick around for a couple of decades.

Deal!

I'm gonna bend Julius Caesar: " So they are all,all honorable. men." The rules are strict here. Anything but RPS is fair topic. You guys are a good group.And it was a great guy who told me about BITOG. The automatic cuss word blocker is a hoot some times too
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Toyota does make some pretty good stuff!

You must have been hitting the bottle pretty hard!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: redhat
You forgot one thing.

LSx > *

You said it...not me...
wink.gif

Lol, that statement has started many internet arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back