Need Advice for Motorcycle Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could buy a small bike for the test. then sell it later. spend $100 bucks maybe.. Craigslist has tons of cheap bikes..

Originally Posted By: Atesz792
Also, on real slow turns, you should lean the bike as you would anyways, but lean your torso in the other direction.
This will allow you to lean the bike more than your speed would enable had you leaned together with the bike.
Hence, the radius of the bend can be smaller.

+1 on this.

LOOK where you want to go...

Friction zone, modulate power with clutch and not gas, hold rear brake lightly, shift butt way over on seat to outside of turn, if you feel you're tipping over release a little more clutch, not turning tight enough apply a little more rear brake.

The stop go turn/around was easy, the cone weave got me every time I tried it. The way I passed (100% on my R1) was scooting but butt back all the way in the saddle, and at 12 mph flew through the cone weave. (guess it is a replacement for the 8, 5 cones 3ft apart) Take as much weight off the front tire by body manipulation to increase nimbleness.Throttle gives better control than coasting, so find a speed you are best at and try to maintain it using the throttle only, playing with the clutch took my attention away from the rest of everything, and just got in the way.

Good luck, once you find what works for you, it is cake!
Originally Posted By: fxrider
you could buy a small bike for the test. then sell it later. spend $100 bucks maybe.. Craigslist has tons of cheap bikes..

During the test day there was a wise [censored] with something like 75cc, he got so much [censored] for it, until a chick showed up on a 636 Ninja....with a breathalyzer lock on the ignition.
grin2.gif
Then all eyes were on her as she tried to start the bike when it was her turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back