Looking for a solar battery maintainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on ebay for the VW/audi deal that plugs into your cigarette lighter. $15 ish.

They put them on at the factory to keep the car alive during shipping.

You need a lighter that's "hot" with the key off.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I have a solar battery tender for my motorcycle, but it requires the pigtail that connects to the battery. It works well at keeping my little m/c battery charged through the winter. You can hand the panel just about anywhere as it doesn't have to get direct sunlight to work.

If its just going to be a couple weeks, why not just uncable. The smaller cheap ones don't make the grade for larger batteries. Ok for cycles.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I have a solar battery tender for my motorcycle, but it requires the pigtail that connects to the battery. It works well at keeping my little m/c battery charged through the winter. You can hand the panel just about anywhere as it doesn't have to get direct sunlight to work.

They make an adapter to go from the battery tender pigtail to a cigarette lighter plug.

2-3 weeks is absolutely nothing.

My mom's 2003 Buick Rendezvous sat for 7 months this year, fired up like a champ. Actually it took alot of cranking because it was parked with almost no gas, which evaporated and we had to use a gas can to top it off to get it running.

I Think I will get a couple of the used VW maintainers from ebay. I can use them different places around here.

Thanks guys.
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I personally like the SP-2 and SP-5 panels from PulseTech (2W and 5W option). They have a very thin profile and no glass that can be broken. But the best feature is that they desulfate your battery as well as maintain the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back