replaced the Sentra cabin filter 2.5 years 32k m

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed the cabin filter for the first time in the Sentra. 2.5 years and 32k miles. yes, I slacked - I used to change the Toyota filter yearly. replaced it with a Fram. here is the old filter:

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up to much!! I've seen worse!

Heck I removed mine, cleaned it 6 ways to sunday and put it back in!

It seems the OEM material is like nomax sheet material with super tiny holes in it, looks solid but air goes right thru. Then I looked at the aftermarket filter, it looked a lot more porous, so I put the used, cleaned filter back in!!

Inspection inside the ducts showed so little dust for 9 yrs of use, it was surprising!! wow

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
changed the cabin filter for the first time in the Sentra. 2.5 years and 32k miles. yes, I slacked - I used to change the Toyota filter yearly. replaced it with a Fram. here is the old filter:

Based on the air flow arrow and position of the leaf, might this filter have been installed upside-down?

My BMW has never had the cabin filter changed in 25 years. Although I do have one in stock, and will do it when I get time. Air flow is still very good.

Not too bad, as noted seen worse. Just changed what I believed to be the OE CAF from an 09 Equinox with ~80k miles. If you took your CAF and made it evenly gray as the center part over total area, about what it looked like. Considering everything didn't think it too bad either. Replaced with STP from AZ that looked equivalent to OEM.

Most modern cars it takes about 30s after dropping the glovebox.

I never liked the old ford taurus that required removing the cowl below the wipers to change it..
tons of little clips that liked to break.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
How hard is it to change that filter on a Sentra? If it's anything like my old Mazdaspeed3 I can see why you let it languish.....

Not the OP, but I have replaced the Cabin Air Filter on my 2015 model. Once you find out where it is, it isn't bad. The only difficult part is that the filter doesn't perfectly fit in the casing, so you have to do some maneuvering to get it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back