AC Delco 15W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen that Worldpac has this now, and it's pretty cheap. Anybody know anything about it? I can't seem to find any VOA's (or really, even any UOA's either).

Originally Posted By: Donald
Go for Rotella T if you want a 15W40.

I like Rotella, but that doesn't answer my question
smile.gif

KenO, do you know who is blending what you have access to? I ask because the ACDelco oils we use from time to time has been Shell, Mobil, Phillips and Smitty's Super S. I'd imagine at the moment, you are probably seeing a Phillips product, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I don't think you can buy a bad 15W-40 stateside, and if it's Phillips, it's going to be similar to their Guardol product.

Originally Posted By: Red91
KenO, do you know who is blending what you have access to? I ask because the ACDelco oils we use from time to time has been Shell, Mobil, Phillips and Smitty's Super S. I'd imagine at the moment, you are probably seeing a Phillips product, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I don't think you can buy a bad 15W-40 stateside, and if it's Phillips, it's going to be similar to their Guardol product.

Not sure, but most of it doesn't look like Mobil bottles anymore. Phillips seems to be the general consensus lately though. The AC Delco Dex IV is dirt cheap though, I've got about 6 gallons of it on the shelf at the moment.

Originally Posted By: KenO
Seen that Worldpac has this now, and it's pretty cheap. Anybody know anything about it? I can't seem to find any VOA's (or really, even any UOA's either).

You are like asking a plumber about brain surgery.

May want to ask ACDelco directly or Worldpac directly?
Anything that anyone knows here is speculation.

If the bottles are shaped like Motorcraft oil bottles, it's a safe bet it's Phillips. ACDelco doesn't stick with one contract filler consistently.

Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
I would bet it's still ExxonMobil oil in the bottle, they've had a relationship with GM/AC Delco for well over 20 years now.

+1 I bet it is delvac. Delvac is probably easier to find and rotella is cheaper/better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back