New Car Leather Seats - Best Way To Protect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using Lexol for the wife's Lexus RX330.
Almost sounds like Lexus Lexol
eek.gif

Thinking on my next amazon order to drop a bottle of Surf City Garage 133 Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator.
Only $9.97/16oz & can be used on vinyl and plastic - worth a try I guess, reviews good.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Thinking on my next amazon order to drop a bottle of Surf City Garage 133 Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator.
Only $9.97/16oz & can be used on vinyl and plastic - worth a try I guess, reviews good.

It has a money back guarantee. However, if the leather is in good shape I'd probably get the Surf City Dash Away. Which is an effective yet gentle cleaner with protectant. Plus you can use it on the dash, other plastic trim, even upholstery, etc...just about everything except the windows and gauges. Nice sent and a must have in the arsenal.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

It has a money back guarantee. However, if the leather is in good shape I'd probably get the Surf City Dash Away. Which is an effective yet gentle cleaner with protectant. Plus you can use it on the dash, other plastic trim, even upholstery, etc...just about everything except the windows and gauges. Nice sent and a must have in the arsenal.

The leather is great shape. Very clean & soft. Not a tear, stain, nothing. All the interior & exterior is in great shape.
I do also have Surf City Dash Away which I been using some on my DD SUV. I find it has less shine than the 303 I'd been using, actually no shine.
I still have over a half jug of Lexol Leather Conditioner for the wife's RX330, and I been using it on the Harley bags, but always willing to try other products.
I like going for the less shine especially when it comes to something to cut reflection of the dash against the windshield.

Last edited:
Been using Lexol for the wife's Lexus RX330.
Almost sounds like Lexus Lexol
eek.gif

It's great stuff!! Smells nice and leathery too. Walmart sells it cheaper than that,check your local store. Stay with a dedicated leather product like that. Don't use one of those generic "protectants".

OP here - I used the Meguiars Gold Class Car Leather Cleaner / Conditioner / Protectant. Not much I can say as the car seats and car are brand new . After applying I did notice the seats are more slippery and when you drive you tend to shift in the seat a bit more due to them being slippery . I'm sure this will go away in time . Meanwhile I plan to apply once per month just to protect them .

Long time buyer of leather seats (all) ... IMO ...best off to start with the backrest and use up some 'juice' in the wipes.
There is such a thing as getting the bottom too soggy and soft and they wear. And the slick issues ...
Don't forget the steering wheel ...

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
the seats are more slippery and when you drive you tend to shift in the seat a bit more due to them being slippery

And that is why I have never used conditioners on coated leather. Some people like the slipper greasy stuff that attracks dust, dirt etc and is actually bad for coated leather. I prefer protectants like LeatherMasters protection cream, designed for coated leather and made by a company that specializes in just leather care products.

Thanks - I will look into this LeatherMasters product nest !
Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
the seats are more slippery and when you drive you tend to shift in the seat a bit more due to them being slippery

And that is why I have never used conditioners on coated leather. Some people like the slipper greasy stuff that attracks dust, dirt etc and is actually bad for coated leather. I prefer protectants like LeatherMasters protection cream, designed for coated leather and made by a company that specializes in just leather care products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back