Supercritical fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Rarely are calculations as simple as that. If the number was as low as your calculated value, there wouldn't be so much research into variable vane pumps to reduce energy waste.

http://www.melling.com/Portals/0/OE%20Pr...0-18-080820-980

Variable displacement pumps vary BOTH sides of the math, volume and pressure.

And a couple hundred watts over a couple hundred thousand miles, for a couple of bucks per car research and investment...you can do the math (I'm sure)...

I sure wouldn't want to work for someone who's never wrong.

Go find your calculation on total oil pump horsepower requirement. Then find the measured number in the last research paper you PM'd me. I let it go before because we'd been getting along good. Might as well have it out now.

LoL ...
36.gif
Time for a merry-go-round ride.

Captain Spaulding ... you're gonna die young arguing with everybody trying to prove that you're "always right" (which your not). Don't you actually have something more constructive to do?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Anyway, how about them supercritical fluids eh ?

Same density for liquid AND gas phases at the critical point...ain't that something that's hard to ponder ?

Didn't watch the video, as no sound on this computer and hose things get boring quickly....

but that means the fluid and the gas exist next to each other, mixed?

It means liquid and vapor phases are indistinguishable from each other.

I worked with Supercritical Fluid Extraction in petroleum refining. It's used to extract additional material from vacuum tower bottoms which have ready been distilled under vacuum that's suitable as feedstock for a fluid catalytic cracker or hydrocracker. I've worked with both UOP Demex and Kellogg ROSE technologies. One facility did such a good job the resulting pitch was practically liquid rock. The softening point was 210°F and when subjected to asphalt penetration tests resulted in a negative value - the lab i strument needle bounced back rather than penetrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back