Do you use / need a pillow to sleep at night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use / need a pillow to sleep at night ?

I don't use a pillow, but in the past I had a very tiny pillow (size of a book). The big hotel style pillows hurt my neck at night.

When I was 30 or so I'd go to sleep flat on my back without a pillow. Now at 78 years old, I sleep with a large med soft pillow and turn over every couple of hours. Ed

I've always had 2 pillows. I squeeze-fold-twist them horribly. I should probably buy something that is higher quality but never get around to it. The only times I didn't need a pillow was after praying to the porcelain god.

I have one of those Japanese Buckwheat Pillows and I love it. Nice and cool and conforms however I need it.

I sleep on my sides, so I need a pillow. But I don't like those big fluffy ones.

I also sleep with a pillow between my knees, helps my back.

I've used a buckwheat pillow for 15 or 20 years now. I rotate between my sides, stomach, and back on different nights; the buckwheat pillow is comfortable in every position and naturally stays nice and cool.

Yes. I am picky.
In fact when I was making patrols on a SSBN, I always had an extra pillow. The pillow provided by the Navy sucked.

Three pillows.

One under my head.

One under my left knee with the torn meniscus.

One small pillow for my shoulder/rotator cuff.

All those with a wife and a 85 lb golden retriever in the king size bed.

It's a "B" getting older.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

It's a "B" getting older.

smirk.gif

Not when you have a garage like you do!

I'm honestly not sure. Usually I fall asleep with one thin pillow under my head, but I've never paid attention when I woke up if it was still there.

Right now I'm in the situation where my pillow's stuffing has broken apart into individual wadded up knots; I hate it. I'd like to replace it with a feather pillow, but I'm staunchly against animal cruelty. If they could figure out a way to remove the feathers painlessly like electric clippers on a sheep, I'd buy one.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Right now I'm in the situation where my pillow's stuffing has broken apart into individual wadded up knots; I hate it. I'd like to replace it with a feather pillow, but I'm staunchly against animal cruelty. If they could figure out a way to remove the feathers painlessly like electric clippers on a sheep, I'd buy one.

So you're a vegan, then? I'd also suggest you look up how they shear sheep and how they often times shear large patches of skin with the wool.

Painless... lol

Always with a pillow, and I'm a bit of a tosser, changing position every major sleep cycle, including half sit-ups to change position.

Always have a pillow, often feather, we change them reasonably regularly.

I stayed at this place
https://hiltonmelbourne.com.au/hilton-melbourne-south-wharf/

a couple of weeks ago, and predicted horrid sleep from their pillows (pictured), but it was a couple of the best night's sleep I've had in ages.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

So you're a vegan, then?

Merk,
buckwheat filled pillows have been mentioned about 3 times in this thread. Now do you think the plants are hurt during gathering of said buckwheat?

Wife insists that she can only use a pillow for about a month, then she has to change it. Luckily she has three of them that she can rotate through--she doesn't have to buy a new pillow every month, but apparently she needs the pillow itself to change slightly every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back