Dealer rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok took the new Avalon in for the first check up.....which is really just a tire rotation, alignment check and top off fluids...So being the double-triple-anal retentive Bitoger type....I get out my torque wrench and hit all the lug nuts just to be sure so I can have peace of mind when I drive to Florida.

3....count em THREE loose lug nuts
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
They didn't have 10 ft/lbs on them.
mad.gif

So much for the freebies......Ok rant off.....
beer3.gif

I have pneumonia now and missed my Florida trip tomorrow.
That said I'm glad you checked because I like to leave no stone unturned either and that ain't cool.
I hope you informed them??? Good luck on your trip!

Does Toyota or the dealer send out a survey? Use this for leverage, or to just make a bona fide complaint.

Sorry to hear - just thinking about my last dealer experience makes me sick ...

Yikes, good thing you checked. Hope it wasn't Metro since you live close by. Yes, they send out surveys so maybe get a free rotation for when the car hits 30k.

A successful and retired businessman (I live in his former house) was killed like that.

I had the dealer do this on introduction year 4WD Durango during trans service and rotating tires - they ate the $500 wheel and all new studs

Your torque wrench may not be accurate to 10 ft-lbs (it's ft-lbs, not ft/lbs.)

Did you actually check at 10 ft-lbs and note movement or are you guessing, because you got movement when you checked at normal torque spec? If the latter, how much movement did you note?

Call the service manager and see if he will do something nice if not blast them on the survey and leave a google review on google to warn others of their shoddy work..

Unless it's warranty work, I avoid the dealer at all costs.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Your torque wrench may not be accurate to 10 ft-lbs (it's ft-lbs, not ft/lbs.)

Did you actually check at 10 ft-lbs and note movement or are you guessing, because you got movement when you checked at normal torque spec? If the latter, how much movement did you note?

Did you read the post before responding to it?

are your lugnuts of the 2 piece variety? about half of mine will feel lose but its only the looseness between the two seprate pieces of my lugnuts.

Rather than a childish rant about it on a discussion forum, why not call the service department and discuss it with them first?

Originally Posted By: AntsinmyEyes
are your lugnuts of the 2 piece variety? about half of mine will feel lose but its only the looseness between the two seprate pieces of my lugnuts.

I hate the 2 piece lugnuts with a passion. They are completely unnecessary and outrageously expensive. I am actually embarrassed to sell them to people. I have taken them off my Mustang and my mom's Fusion and thrown them away. Replaced them with McGard one piece lugnuts.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Rather than a childish rant about it on a discussion forum, why not call the service department and discuss it with them first?

Maybe venting on a board to relieve stress is better than yelling at the dealer? After you cool off then call the dealer.

Maybe you should take your own advice and mind your own business.
Do you always have to be an a$$?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back