Finally decided on oil choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOG faithful. Went to Wal Mart and every darn jug of Maxlife Syn was leaking; lady friend that's auto manager showed me by opening one that the seals under cap weren't fully sealed
frown.gif

Maxlife red jugs were fine. So, I decided on MS5K 5w20 and a Super Tech #3614 filter. I'll decide someday what to do with the M1 0w20 EP and my 3 FRAM ULTRA filters. Kinda disappointed in Valvoline problem to say lest.

Fram ULTRA #3614 filters. Not in boxes but they are good. Just don't think a lowly focus with a Duratech 2.0 needs a synthetic

Originally Posted By: car51
Good morning BITOG faithful. Went to Wal Mart and every darn jug of Maxlife Syn was leaking; lady friend that's auto manager showed me by opening one that the seals under cap weren't fully sealed
frown.gif

Maxlife red jugs were fine. So, I decided on MS5K 5w20 and a Super Tech #3614 filter. I'll decide someday what to do with the M1 0w20 EP and my 3 FRAM ULTRA filters. Kinda disappointed in Valvoline problem to say lest.

Son, you need help, but not the BITOG kind.
43.gif

Last edited:
Do you know why you got 10w30??
So you couldn't use it............. lol
That allows you to purchase again........... It is a disease
smile.gif

The Trop artic; I got 10w30 instead of 5w30 so I ain't a sell out

FlynavyP3: send me a pm. Thanks

Now I don't know which oil to try. The new PP jugs look interesting to say least
smile.gif

People decide on oil choices? I use what I can find for cheap. I guess my choice is i have to look under the workbench and decide which oil to use from what I have.

My oil choice today was I chose to buy some 0w-20 Magnatec because it was < $2/qt.

frown.gif

This, after the big decision last week to go with M1? You have a sickness, sir, a sickness I tell ya. BITOGitis.

So, I got 2 5quart jugs of Pennzoil "GOLD" blend on clearance for $14~ today. Will leave the FU-3614 filter on for 3rd OCI. I will be sending FlyNavyP3 member here 3 FU-3614 filters also. I have a problem so it's good that it got solved this afternoon
smile.gif

Man... it's all good. One thought I have here.. don't make a definitive choice in regards to your selection. Always keep the door open to trying new stuff. It maybe real good or not quite so good at times. But if ya keep the door open you can roll with close out sales, sale priced oil in general, and just buy whatever you want whether it's on sale or not. That's how I roll. Do I have some preferred oils ?? Yep. Havoline Pro DS, Castrol Magnatec, gold or 0w30, Pennzoil Ultra (which is now like finding a Alpine colored deer in the woods now). But I am willing to try new oil too. Like the Lubrigold 5w30 I have now. Which I am very pleased with so far.

Good deal son. Wal Mart near work had "new style jugs" of PP only in 5w20 and 0w20. May nab 1 and do rebate. No old style PP anywhere around me and PU is like "say wtfart?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back