Just purchased a 2017 Nissan Armada AWD. 1st OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Don't dump the oil yet. Too soon. Let the break in oil actually work.
What exactly is break in oil and what work does it do?

Ok, fine. It's not break in oil.

But there are some manufacturers that coat the internals of their factory assembled engines with a high-moly-content lube before the factory fill. So no, it's not break in oil. You got me. But there could be more in there than just a standard fill of oil in there. I've seen the email that Honda sent a buddy of mine.

Does Nissan do it? Not sure.

But no reason to dump the factory fill so soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nicasio
All the previous manuals from 2011-2015 recommend 5W-30. The 2016 manual states using 0W20. What gives? Is this just for better gas mileage readings? Wouldn't the 5W30 protect better?

They made the 2017 engine super tight. The 5W-30 won't fit into it.

Ok I just did it at 1,500. It just makes me feel better that I did it so I know what I put back in it. Plus I just wanted to be under the new truck. 1st full size SUV for me. Oil changes are very easy. Don't even have to bust out the floor jack or ramps. Just remove (4) 13mm bolts that hold up the skid plate
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nicasio
Ok I just did it at 1,500. It just makes me feel better that I did it so I know what I put back in it. Plus I just wanted to be under the new truck. 1st full size SUV for me. Oil changes are very easy. Don't even have to bust out the floor jack or ramps. Just remove (4) 13mm bolts that hold up the skid plate
smile.gif

You can still go under the truck without changing the oil. What does the manufacturer recommend for first oil change? Dont second guess them, they know whats best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back