BITOG Silencer/Suppressor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandfather too had a Savage 300 and used it to take many moose and deer. Its hanging on the mantle at my uncles now.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Was there an on duty ATF agent or other federal agent that enforces federal laws, that witnessed the events? Was the guy notified that his behavior was considered illegal by decree of some ATF bureaucrat? And then afterwards, continued such "illegal" behavior in the presence of the same ATF agent? Or did the guy attempt to use his cheek on the arm brace for sight alignment, and in doing so, accidentally placed the brace against his shoulder? Maybe, while in the course of shooting, he had an itch on his shoulder, and decided to scratch it with the brace portion of the "pistol", and had no ill intent and only intended to scratch his itch.

All of your "maybes" are no. He was shooting it as a pistol and shooting it as a rifle at 100 yards. Bluster all you want about "decrees by ATF bureaucrats" but it's the law. Put that brace against your shoulder and shoot and it's now a short barreled rifle and you'd better have the license for it if you're unlucky enough to be observed. Sure not saying it's right but it's law. If you think only a Fed would enforce it you might be mistaken.

Bill, can't answer that but I'm not inclined to test the gun friendliness of any LEO who might be around.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Bad idea. Unregistered it's a federal crime. Better safe than sorry.

He's in his backyard having some fun shooting at targets. Do you really think someone is walking around town with an oversized Purolator on the end of their gun?

He also has 10 of thousands of followers some of whom might not be fully aware of how much legal trouble you can get in shooting through an oil filter if caught. Ever have the law just stop by to see what's up when you're out shooting somewhere? We have.

Saw a guy at the local shooting spot having fun putting his short barreled AR with the arm brace up to his shoulder to fire. Slam dunk felony.

Doubt if anyone who knows about Hickok45 is worried about him. He could have explained the legal issues a bit more IMO.

He's not an attorney, he's entertaining.

With the tremendous popularity of the Sig Brace, I'm willing to bet the ATF is sorry they ever allowed it's production. All it has done is prove the total stupidity of the laws they're trying to "enforce".

Was there an on duty ATF agent or other federal agent that enforces federal laws, that witnessed the events? Was the guy notified that his behavior was considered illegal by decree of some ATF bureaucrat? And then afterwards, continued such "illegal" behavior in the presence of the same ATF agent? Or did the guy attempt to use his cheek on the arm brace for sight alignment, and in doing so, accidentally placed the brace against his shoulder? Maybe, while in the course of shooting, he had an itch on his shoulder, and decided to scratch it with the brace portion of the "pistol", and had no ill intent and only intended to scratch his itch.

All of your "maybes" are no. He was shooting it as a pistol and shooting it as a rifle at 100 yards. Bluster all you want about "decrees by ATF bureaucrats" but it's the law. Put that brace against your shoulder and shoot and it's now a short barreled rifle and you'd better have the license for it if you're unlucky enough to be observed. Sure not saying it's right but it's law. If you think only a Fed would enforce it you might be mistaken.

Bill, can't answer that but I'm not inclined to test the gun friendliness of any LEO who might be around.

What is this licence you need to have a SBR?

If it's a law, please qoute the appropriate USC. You won't find it, because that letter about placing a pistol to a shoulder is an opinion. And as a former County LEO, they don't enforce federal law, they don't care about federal law, nor will 95 percent of them even know what an AR pistol is. Let alone the legalities around them. And contrary to popular belief, a local beat cop, usually has some common sense. They have no desire to lock someone up for 10 years in club fed for something as stupid as placing a legal pistol to one's shoulder.

Originally Posted By: hatt
What is this licence you need to have a SBR?

"American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the BATFE, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm. In the United States, it is a federal felony to possess an SBR unless it is registered with the BATFE"

BATFE tax stamp, sorry, same as a can.

Hey, shoot your AR pistol with the Fram suppressor from you shoulder all you want, I'll pass.

My new home defense gun will be a .300 blk short barrel rifle with a suppressor. Also, the integrally suppressed 10/22 from gem-tech will come home with me.

If suppressors become legal, then SO many different options like this suddenly become appealing for home defense. And, can you imagine the market that would suddenly be created at both the OEM level (threaded barrels as a factory option) and the aftermarket level (threaded drop-in barrels)? These options obviously already exist now, but demand for them would explode.

I think it'd be excellent.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
My new home defense gun will be a .300 blk short barrel rifle with a suppressor. Also, the integrally suppressed 10/22 from gem-tech will come home with me.

If suppressors become legal, then SO many different options like this suddenly become appealing for home defense. And, can you imagine the market that would suddenly be created at both the OEM level (threaded barrels as a factory option) and the aftermarket level (threaded drop-in barrels)? These options obviously already exist now, but demand for them would explode.

I think it'd be excellent.

As do I, 1,000,000,000x

Doubt if anyone who knows about Hickok45 is worried about him. He could have explained the legal issues a bit more IMO.

Not a chance in heck that Hickok would do this illegally. He has one of the most popular gun/shooting channels on Youtube and is also highly visible in person as a minor celebrity. I use to see him at National Gun Day in Louisville and the Knob Creek machine gun shoot all the time, albeit I think he's quit coming because he can't walk 10 feet without someone stopping him(and yes I'm guilty of it too). At 6'6" he's not hard to miss.

Every time I've spoken to him, he's incredibly down to earth but still, given his relationships with places like Buds Guns and Federal he'd not take a chance on doing something that could land him in the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back