Amsoil 5w-30 XL; 1.7k miles; Nissan Titan 5.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Manufacturer of SC recommends 3K oci. I was heading out of town and had a chance to change the oil and wanted to see how it was doing.
I currently have Valv synpower in now.

Well palerider your oil is within spec @ 9.86 cSt @100°C which is great. Flash point is 415 which is very good as well. No antifreeze= great news. No water= awesome. Fuel less than 0.5% = no fuel dilution which makes sense given high flash point of 415 and oil @ 9.86 viscosity @ 100°C. Overall this is a outstanding report. It should be expected that the oil would be in spec for viscosity given such a short run time. Plenty of Ca+ and boron and molybdenum are good to see.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The biggest news out of this is wasting perfectly fine motor oil.

this is a base line. nothing wasted when finding info.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Well palerider your oil is within spec @ 9.86 cSt @100°C which is great. Flash point is 415 which is very good as well. No antifreeze= great news. No water= awesome. Fuel less than 0.5% = no fuel dilution which makes sense given high flash point of 415 and oil @ 9.86 viscosity @ 100°C. Overall this is a outstanding report. It should be expected that the oil would be in spec for viscosity given such a short run time. Plenty of Ca+ and boron and molybdenum are good to see.

Thank You sir. I was looking for contaminants. after abusing the engine on the dyno with oil that already had 3K+ on it (Amsoil SS), that was dumped and the XL was put in and the truck went into service. I was still data logging and having adjustments made while traveling.
I`m happy to see these results.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
1730, is that a typo?

NO, I dumped the oil before I had to leave for work out of state. and started my commute with a fresh fill...

here is another UOA with Valvoline Synpower 5W30

yes, Blackstone acknowledges the higher sodium content due to Valvoline Synpower.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I would use an oil that is at the higher end of a 30 or a 0W-40

please explain? do you see something wrong with this 5w30 oil?

Nothing wrong with that VSP report. Iron on a ppm/mile is comparable to the previous fill, which is good. Looks great honestly. What's the current fill? I dare say the VSP did very well here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PaleRider

This Synpower 5W30 really shear thinning, in relation to previous Amsoil XL.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Nothing wrong with that VSP report. Iron on a ppm/mile is comparable to the previous fill, which is good. Looks great honestly. What's the current fill? I dare say the VSP did very well here.

the current fill is VSP again.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: PaleRider

This Synpower 5W30 really shear thinning, in relation to previous Amsoil XL.

how much of a concern is this shear thinning for 3k OCI`s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back