Chinese Chainsaws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I only ever bought one new saw and that was the 38cc/16" Green Poulan that I beat the [censored] out of and it still runs good.

My trusty 14" Poulan "Wood Shark" has been used and abused well beyond anything it was designed for and it simply refuses to die. Still works great. I paid $80 for it 12 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think the new ones are built like these were.

That's the same saw I bought new about 12-13 years ago when I moved to Florida. I cut palm trees, roots, telephone poles, Iam sure a few nails and that thing still runs good. I put new gas lines and new bar and chain on it since the other one had gouges out of it. I definitely got my money out of that saw.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
In the end, I mail ordered a refurbished Poulan Pro PP5020AV saw for $100 shipped. It's a 50cc, 20". She's a bit heavy, but it starts easy and WOW does it honk through wood with a good chain. A nice sounding saw too if there is such a thing. LOL.

I have the Sears Craftsman version of that saw, great machine.
Installed a 24 inch Forester Pro bar on it and proceeded to cut up a massive 60 inch fallen Willow tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back