Wix 57145 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Wix 57145 from my '12 Scion xB (35,000 miles on vehicle).
4,976 miles on filter using Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20.
Nothing spectacular, looks like a Wix should.

Some dark stuff on the top where the spring was:

Seam intact with good spacing all around:

Looks like a center tube to me:

Pliable ADV:

Replaced with a Wix made Car Quest Blue and some Auto Zone 0w-20.

Those pleats are really thin compared to the pictures of wire backed synthetic filters that get posted. Just my thoughts.

I cut open one of these earlier. I also noticed that the pleats are thinner than most Wix.

Last edited:
Quote:
Those pleats are really thin compared to the pictures of wire backed synthetic filters that get posted. Just my thoughts.

Comparing apples and oranges. Cellulose/blend media not determined by media depth but total area. Synthetic media is depth media. It would be like saying equivalent cellulose/blend filter has more media area than synthetic. Not comparable.

Looks good to me and typical quality Wix construction.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Comparing apples and oranges. Cellulose/blend media not determined by media depth but total area. Synthetic media is depth media. It would be like saying equivalent cellulose/blend filter has more media area than synthetic. Not comparable.

Looks good to me and typical quality Wix construction.

Thanks for c&p.

That's what I was going to say. With regular cellulose media, you want quantity of media, so you need smaller pleat spacing to fit it all in there.
Looks like most other Wix I have seen.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Wix was once a good name in filters..

^^^ So then you are saying that Wix no longer has a good name, and that is just your opinion.

You must have quickly changed your post because it first said "Wix is owned by the same company that makes Purolator", which you have made it a point to state that before on here more than once. And my response to that is, so what.

Back on topic --- blupupher, the filter looks great ... thanks for the C&P.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Wix was once a good name in filters..

This one still is. It was a 2014 made filter I believe, well before the buyout (as are all my Wix made Car Quest Blue's).

I have no problem with Wix anyway. I plan on using Wix made Supertech filters in my truck once my "Tearolator" made Motorcraft are used up.
Mann+Hummel being the parent company has so far not shown any change in Wix quality for their regular and premium filters. So what if they own Purolator also, they are still separate companies and production lines. Maybe if they combine plants I will think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back