Help Choosing a Tire for 07 Maxima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for advice on a new set of 4 all seasons for 07 Maxima. Stock wheels, 245 45 18. I had Conti's PureContact but they weren't really good for this car. Blew through them pretty quickly (32k) and I do rotate at 5k-7k.

I'm in the Northeast so they will see plenty of rain and bound to get caught in some aftermath of a snowstorm. I say bound to, because snow days I'd use the truck in my sig. I do run this card relatively hard and I live and drive on some windy roads.

According to the latest tire testing results, Consumer Reports says that the Michelin Premiers should last longer than the PureContacts, but it isn't a significant difference.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Toyo Versado. I have them in the same size on my wife's M35. They have 29K miles and have performed and lasted well. Much better than the original Goodyear RSA'a and a second set of Cooper Zeons. I keep them rotated every 5-6K miles because this car apparently is tough on tires.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
General RT43's
crackmeup2.gif
Merk, he said he drives this car hard. I don't think he needs tires made of gelatin lol.

My top pick would be the Dunlop Signature HP

but some other good choices are:
Falken Ziex ZE950 or Sumitomo HTR AS P02
Yokohama Advan Sport AS
Kumho Solus TA71

I have to agree with NormanBuntz here. I am going to look at the toyo tires he's recommended here. My Goodyear Assurance comfortread are not doing good this time. So, I'm in the market for different tires as well coming up.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Take a look at the Toyo Versado. I have them in the same size on my wife's M35. They have 29K miles and have performed and lasted well. Much better than the original Goodyear RSA'a and a second set of Cooper Zeons. I keep them rotated every 5-6K miles because this car apparently is tough on tires.

I'll give them a look. These cars are pretty rough on tires, and oil too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back