'14 Chevy 1500 Battery Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have had the truck for 3 years this month. Battery has been getting a little sluggish for last couple of months. I waited too long to replace. Had to go to WallyWorld to pick up a few things this evening. When ready to leave, the battery would barely turn over the engine...not enough to kick it off. Popped the hood and stretched out my booster cables and waited around for someone to drop by and offer to help. Fortunately, in less than 10 minutes a couple of gentlemen came out to get in their truck parked a few places away. Saw me standing there with cables in hand and hood up looking pathetic. Offered me a boost. Still lots of good folks in the world. Came straight home and hooked up charger. Going to let it charge all night, then go get a new battery sometime tomorrow. I'm about to search the interwebz to see who may have battery deals going. Though I would ask the crowd here also. My store choices in my small country town are: Autozone, Napa, O'Reilley's, WallyWorld, and a GMC dealership. Given ONLY these choices of parts stores, anybody know of any great deals going on for a competent battery?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
If u are under 36k dealer will replace it under tht bumper 2 bumper warranty.

Unfortunately I'm at a bit over 39k miles.

What I found in my neck of the woods after a quick search: (Group size H6)
Wal-Mart Everstart 3yr replacement + 2 yr prorated $118
AutoZone Duralast Gold 3yr replacement + 2 yr prorated $167
Napa Legend 2yr replacement + 1.5 yr prorated $175

The WallyWorld Everstart sure is tempting, but Mr Nice has had good luck with Duralast Gold as he mentions above. I have personally had just average 4-ish year life with about every battery I have ever bought...no matter the brand.

From that list, go with the Everstart. Should be a JCI battery, like the Duralast, but cheaper.

IDK if you have a Batteries Plus nearby. They have East Penn-made Duracells, which are great.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I had an AutoZone gold battery last 7 years, they are made by JC and are good quality.

Had one last 9 years in the Trans Am!!

OP Don't feel bad just had to replace the battery in the Caprice....222 bucks. AMG style for the trunk.

I killed, I know exactly how I did it.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Out of that list, go with the Everstart. Should be a JCI battery, like the Duralast, but cheaper.

IDK if you have a Batteries Plus nearby. They have East Penn-made Duracells, which are great.

Thanks. Was hoping someone would chime in who has current knowledge of who is making what for whom.

If I were willing to drive 30 mi to Baton Rouge tomorrow, then I would have a world of selection. BUT, I am not willing to fight that gosh-forsaken traffic. I moved to the country for a reason.
wink.gif

Appreciate the input gents. I'll ponder between the Everstart and Duralast and pick up one of them around noon tomorrow.
Thanks!

check stock before you head there and shut your truck off....
I bought two batteries last week and got 25% off each. one from Pep Boys and one from Advance Auto

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Another battery thread!
33.gif

another helpful post
33.gif

Walmart batteries are pretty good if that is the convenient option.

East Penn Deka or a Advanced Auto Gold made by Johnson Control or Duralast Gold made by JC has well. In that order from my point of view. East Penn #1 because they use vigin lead, made and manufacturing is here in the US.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Might want to double-check the WM warranty-I think they dropped the pro-rated portion, now it's just 3 year replacement.

Thanks. I was going by what the website stated. If I decide to go with the WM battery, I'll be sure to double check the warranty before committing.

Don't get the $50 battery made in Saudi Arabia. Acid flew out and about hit my right eye. My only good eye. Burned my right arm and put three holes in my jeans.

Slightly off topic, but someone please enlighten me. Never heard of Group size H6, so I googled it and found that it is a top post battery. Has GM switched over to top post batteries?

I have been happy with the GM side posts because they stay corrosion free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back