What Are You Working On?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today so far, diagnosed a power steering leak on an '06 Hummer H3, found a bad tire on a '92 Buick LeSabre, replacing a driver's side motor mount on an '86 Nissan hard body 4WD pickup.

Putting in screw in rocker arm studs on a pair of 302 ford heads on the bridgeport mill. Also honing a 351-C Ford .030 clys. oversize, also rebuilding a 1964 falcon 260 cubic inch V-8 engine, and rebuilding a 1971 Ford 240 6 cly engine for a van. and NO we just only do Fords, buts just a snapshot on whats in the shop here right now.

When I go back home for the holidays I'm going to try to get my (deceased) grandfather's little lawn tractor running. I think a fuse or wire somewhere between the ignition and starter is bad, should be fairly easy to fix. Car's working fine so that's all I have to do right now.

Last edited:
trying to sober up

sick.gif

Once I get home from work I will be trying to figure out why the JD lawn tractor is backfiring through the muffler on shut down.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
Once I get home from work I will be trying to figure out why the JD lawn tractor is backfiring through the muffler on shut down.

Fuel a bit to rich? Float to low? Live in a gun free zone?:)
I am trying to get the garage cleaned out and get some corn dry to feed the stoves as the weather is supposed to get well below normal next week.

I'm replacing the steer tube (head set) bearings in my son's carbon fiber BMX race bike. I can't get the outer race out and I'm thinking I'm gonna have to use a Dremel to cut it, and then pry it out. I'm a bit nervous....once the blade goes through the steel, I have to back-off RIGHT AWAY so I don't cut any carbon.....

Brake job on my mother's infiniti. Dealership wanted $800. I said give me $250 for parts and make dinner, I'll even bleed the brakes.

Last edited:
I'm fixing up my beater Explorer, trying to get it ready for winter. Currently fixing a super huge PITA exhaust leak. You can read all about it in my thread: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4165113/1/Brought_home_a_beater_today

As soon as that's done, I need to replace front brake pads and rotors on my Ranger (I think they're grinding metal on metal now
eek.gif
) and do a brake flush. I also need to winterize my lawn tractor, push mower, and weed whacker, and make sure the snowblower is ready to go. Very, very busy.

Building two mission style oak medicine cabinets as the 1st phase of a bathroom remodel. They want about $300 a piece for them if I purchased them. so I decided to put that money into a jointer and drill press. Also going to do a 6', dual sink vanity. They want about $2k for them. I can do it for a fraction of the cost. That will easily pay for a nice tile saw.

See how easy it is to justify power tools?
smile.gif

It's been a while since I worked on a lawn tractor, but there is a wire and a solenoid going to (I think) the carb bowl area on those. If the wire came unplugged, broken or the valve went bad, the fuel won't shut off with the key switch causing a backfire.

Last edited:
Ignoring personal tragedy, why the latest NISSAN Gonher filter is noisy on the Rogue after the just performed 24K OCI. (I did not update my sig below yet). Guess it's Back to a honda pcx-004. Also just did a Nissan engine quality survey from Takehiro Terai
Vice President, with a ton of questions about cold start and warmup engine noise.

Oh I'm at work too
smile.gif
with a Post Christmas Luncheon #1 coma.

-Ken

Last edited:
This past month I've taken all the carpet out recently from the Jeep and pressure washed it, replaced brakes at all 4 wheels, put in $200 worth of floor mats, installed a new stereo and speakers, found a junk yard center console but it doesn't fit right so I cut it short and made it fit, and I had the windows tinted.

Still need to get a new spare tire (almost 10 years old), either flush the power steering fluid or replace the pump, and install the new LED fog lights.

2chvs6f.jpg

Mechanism of throttle on the intercooler is worn out... And when you shut down your tractor... Throttle is not imediately closed...

That causes suction of aditional air into cylinders and that causes backfiring...

That throttle is there to cut air flow at shut down.. To Prevent what is happening to your tractor...

Last edited:
Cleaning the garage to get wife's car inside for the winter, the mess resulting from 3 major car projects running concurrently. Planning a ford i300 build. Putting up Christmas lights.

I got a 98 camry for cheap because it had no power. It jumped timing; I think I fixed that, but there's no front flexpipe so I need to fix that before I bomb around the neighborhood seeing if it got better. Don't want to sound like a Harley.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back