Torque spec for banjo bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a longer bolt in there now and the banjo is not as thick. I did order some aluminum washers. I don't have a picture though. I'm at about 20 lb ft now.

I was wondering about heating the copper washers up so they are softer?

I cranked on it a bit more at 220 lb in. But it felt like it ws starting to strip. Haven't driven it yet to see if it's leaking.

Just what is the advantage of a banjo bolt vs a flared fitting?

That's not good at all, the banjo fitting has no advantage over a flare fitting in this application that I can think of. Personally I would convert to AN fittings and SS braided hose and be done with it.
What does the other end of the line look like?

The other end which was a banjo bolt OE is now a flared AN fitting.

hyundai%20oil%20feed%20banjo%20assembly.jpg

It looks like all you need is a fitting either straight or 90 (I have no idea without looking at it) to replace the banjo and one for the housing. It doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It looks like all you need is a fitting either straight or 90 (I have no idea without looking at it) to replace the banjo and one for the housing. It doesn't seem to be a big deal.
Yes I wasn't aware of that until I saw the picture again. it's been three years since I originally installed it. I'll get a hold of ATP today and get the correct size. It has to be a bigger than 10mm on the engine end though as it needs to be tapped.

It's still leaking so I bought a 90 degree 1/4"-4an x 1/4" NPT fitting to put in there. Have to take the adapter off again so I can tap it and it's now time to park the car for winter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back