2 year old duralast gold 9.75v after 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
really does not matter.ALL mfrs have bad batches get out.
had 5 delcos die in a row.2 weeks apart.the exide that they replaced it with after every one of those came back ran 11 years.
and this is when exide was having problems.and it was beat on hard with a mobile hf amplifier.
had a crown industrial die on its first cycle.ran it to 10.5 under load to get it broke in.would not charge.the replacement is now 13 years and 350+ deep cycles.dealer stated this was super rare and delivered the replacement from piqua to dayton in about 45 min.guess who i still order my solar batteries from?
i do know that the cheaper lines of anything have a higher proportion of duds.
and big box store stuff is exactly that.
even daw a duralast gold that looked like a deka but made in china.
would be interesting to know if the op had an actual failure or something in the car discharged it.
Originally Posted By: NDL
I don't want to spread out misinformation, but last I checked, wasn't DuraGold made by Johnson Controls?

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
3rd auto zone gold battery all went the same way in less than 2 years?? Did you have to pay anything for the replaced ones?

Each battery went in less than 2 years, so we are talking a 5+ year span at this point. No charge to me, full coverage window has applied to each new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back