Stihl Blower Fuel Mixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BITOG members,
Today I got given a Stihl Blower, with an unusual take on the fuel mixing.
It states: "If using Stihl Oil, mix at 50:1, if using any other brand mix at 25:1".
The problem I have is I generally mix 50:1 only, mainly for my edger, but I use BP 2 stroke oil.
What makes Stihl Oil so special? Can I use my 50:1 mix without any damage?
And Stihl Oil is a rip off here in SE QLD. My BP oil meets the same specs and is half the price!

Understand when they say any other oil that could be SAE 30 or some unrated two stroke oil. Addind more oil will help it's short coming. It will suffice. I am sure you have a oil that is of like quality and so think you will be fine with your BP oil. I think the manufacturer states this to people without access to good quality oil.

How much do you use it? I don't use my echo blower too often. Maybe once every couple weeks for bout 15 minutes. I started using Trufuel which is premixed premium with stabilizers etc. My machine has run flawless and I don't need to worry about it for years. Expensive (7 US for 20 ounces) but for my limited use it is the best

I can't believe how many people on here use Tru-fuel. For God's sake , Real men mix oil and gas. I get my little Betty Crocker mixing cup out and measure my oil and gas. It's a ritual, man. Is this site all lazy old. people or what???

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I can't believe how many people on here use Tru-fuel. For God's sake , Real men mix oil and gas. I get my little Betty Crocker mixing cup out and measure my oil and gas. It's a ritual, man. Is this site all lazy old. people or what???

I hear ya.

I use 2 stroke oil by the gallons.

I go 40:1 in everything I own with the lowest priced oil I find in the store. A shot of stabil follows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back