Transmission filter 2015 Accord V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the longest time I thought my 2015 Accord V6 6 speed auto did not have a transmission filter, not even the in-line one because I could not find it. Last week I was looking at something else under the hood with a bright flash light and I found the in-line filter buried under the battery. My oh my this was a pain in the butt, because everything was in the way of everything if you know what I mean. I removed the battery, some plastic trim and figured this would be easy. Then the metal battery tray was in the way and that has two bolt right on top and two more bolts under the battery tray that you can not see and a plastic air box resonator is in the way. To get that resonator out you have to remove the front bumper cover and I was NOT about to do that. So, at this point I could get to the hose clamp on one side of the filter and with some fighting with the hose I was able to get that side apart. I lifted the car up on the jack stands and I could at least see the other hose clamp but still was a total pain to get to. Then I removed the lower engine cover / splash shield that it attached the engine cradle to gain a little more access to the hose clap. I was barely able to get to that and again some fighting with that hose it was free. The engine cradle was in my way. Last was the bracket that holds the filter in place. With a ratchet I was able to get 2 clicks of the ratchet at a time to loosen the bolt. Glad that is over with.

I didn't take a bunch of pictures, just these two to show where it is at.

The filter is was down low hidden by the battery from the top and engine cradle from the bottom.

Here you can't see the filter at all Even with the battery and resonator ducting removed.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Oh man, I was getting anxious and frustrated just reading that.

Are you going to cut it open? See what king of junk it caught?

Sorry if my writing skills suck haha.

I sure am thinking about cutting it open!

Try these next time.

28680_Hose_Clamp_Pliers.560469424fb02.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Try these next time.

28680_Hose_Clamp_Pliers.560469424fb02.jpg

I have those and they do not squeeze the tiny clamps tight enough. There is just no access to this filter no matter what why you try to get after it.

If you plan on keeping the car, and changing the Filter again;

Could you put a longer hose on and 'reroute' it so you can get to the Filter easier next time.

I'm always trying to make life easier for 'future' Larry

The car is only 1-2 yrs old. Probably not even due for the first trans fluid exchange. How much junk could it have picked up in such a short time?

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

The car is only 1-2 yrs old. Probably not even due for the first trans fluid exchange. How much junk could it have picked up in such a short time?

Hahaha....
OK then throw it is the trash and don't bother cutting it open.

69GTX what crabby rock did you crawl out from under?
I agree with you it was a bit early to change it .....
I cut my accord trans filter open at 90K and I couldn't see anything caught between the pleats.

But

It has ALREADY been changed might as well cut it open to see if there is anything in it.

Sheesh.

Last edited:
The trans mated to a V6 Honda are not known to be the best in the first place. My last Accord, 4 cyl, I never changed the filter and just did a couple drain a refills before I traded it in with 80K.

It also gives me the warm fuzzy feeling to do some maintenance every once in a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back