CA targets dairy cows to combat global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a big piece on it on AgNews this AM. Dairy herds moving out of California. Had to laugh as the next piece was about the population growth in the arid parts of Africa and the people going into reserves to hunt, get firewood and water. If they could stop the population boom because of the all the foods stuffs we give them the pollution would slow down from them burning all the trees and stopping them from using up CO2 and trying to feed all the cows and livestock with water.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Was a big piece on it on AgNews this AM. Dairy herds moving out of California. Had to laugh as the next piece was about the population growth in the arid parts of Africa and the people going into reserves to hunt, get firewood and water. If they could stop the population boom because of the all the foods stuffs we give them the pollution would slow down from them burning all the trees and stopping them from using up CO2 and trying to feed all the cows and livestock with water.

How about taking away your food and letting your family starve to death to curb the population boom instead? Those people in poor areas of African countries eat very little if anything they didn't work for themselves. Actual real hard work in the heat, you wouldn't hold up to for ten minutes, if that.

I thought it was proven in a peer reviewed scientific study (real science not the psudo-social-justice-or-my-feelings-are-hurt-science) that the bacteria in a cow's gut produce the same amount of methane/co2 that the bacteria in a swamp/wetland do while processing the same amount of biological matter. Just that the cow does it faster in a smaller area in order to survive.

Gonna have to go find that study again.

Califartia looks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from cows? Really?
What about all the other animals like lions and tigers and bears, OH NO!

When a wildfire is burning in the shake & bake state, I cannot help but wonder
how much damage all that fossil fuel smoke is damaging the air.
Does the EPA fine CA for the wildfire pollution like they do for coal plant emissions?
crazy2.gif

Gov Moonbeam in action, what else is new in the People's Republic?

Will put dairy farmers out of business and cattle ranchers will leave.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Gov Moonbeam in action, what else is new in the People's Republic?

Will put dairy farmers out of business and cattle ranchers will leave.
They WANT that, the leftists are BIG at putting non-PC businesses under. Eating meat is non-PC in the moonbat state.

Those [censored] white Europeans who brought cattle to this continent....it's their fault.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
How do the emissions of 40 million people compare??

I thought global warming was a taboo subject on BITOG?

When I hear about global warming,I always have to remind myself that just a few years ago,from Houston to Brownsville,we had snow and ice :p

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
How do the emissions of 40 million people compare??

wow, nobody thought about another Tourists methane tax?
how about pet companions methane tax?

double vanos:

there is, it's just very expensive and farmers want to focus on producing their agricultural product because costs keep going up and returns are not the best usually.

capturing methane gas, scrubbing it and etc. requires a whole "nother set of skills.

a joint venture would be an ideal fit for the industries.

Last edited:
Did any of you actually read the article?

It is buried in there that the biggest target is on the manure and capturing the methane from manure with digesters and so on, which isn't that absurd.

But Foxy news decided to focus on making it about farts instead to make it seem ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back